My "New" Favorite Tractor Brand.

Guest KevinT

Guest KevinT

Driving about at work last night and spotted a Zetor transporting grain for a JD 2*** series combine.

It was an old one, or just looked really worn out!

I suppose he had to save money as he had a decent combine! :D;D:D;D

With all the Green versus Red going on I thought I just might change my name to Zetor Fan!! ::) ::)

Has anyone driven a Zetor?

What are their weaknesses, do they have any strength's!

Sorry if you are a Zetor fan, but having not seen one before I thought it was very basic! Are the newer ones any better?

want brakes  ??? ??? ??? i cant relmeber seeing any of them steghs it has a cab weak nes breaks down all the tim steagh it has a floor weak ness it has no breaks steagh good if you like beeing over taken by snails weak ness bad turinig cricle steagh it has air con any opening front window weak ness it truns to the left at high speed for it any way of 5 k steagh it is light  you get the pic  ;)

We used to swap tractors with the neighbouring estate in the late 60's before we had a foreloader to clear our dung yards out & they went from a SUPER DEXTA to a 5511 Zetor with an Alo Quicke loader which was mounted  further forward than the Horndraulic was on the Dexta, so what with it being a much longer tractor it was so much less manouvreable & no power steering to boot. The gearshift was a stick in a bucket of mud that came up beside the small steering wheel ( adding to the steering pain!) I think the only improvement on the Dexta was the clutch being pushed forward rather than down: a bit of light relief on loader work.

I drove a 8011 CRYSTAL one afternoon in the late 70's when the contractor came in silageing on  a trailer (alongside a V8 Deutz powered Claas Jag 80) but found it so c lumsy compared to our pre-Q cab 6600 with Dual Power ( the Zetor had a similar transmission as standard). Main problem was back at the clamp with the cab as big as a greenhouse visibility around the buildings not good!

My cousin had several inc. the 8045 (4wd). There are still a few around here, inc 12011 (6 cyl) & some 1980's 4wd's but I have'nt been in a Zetor for 20+yrs. The metal used to be soft & threads easily stripped.

A Zetor gave me a good laugh a year or two back.  Opposite me are a row of country allotments, ie big, and the holder of a triple plot brought in a contractor from Long Sutton (silt) way to plough it for him, using a 2 blade plough on a Zetor.  Trouble is we are a strip of clay amongst silt and peat.  The result was that the Zetor started doing wheelies as he tried to work this heavy ground.  Wish I'd known about Numpty Awards then.  :D :D