Renault 616

jdc

My...er 'assistant' ploughing in front of me (on the drill). We've been clocking up about 25 acres/day including rolling.

Only 4 furrows but my pet theory is that ploghing dryish land fast breaks it up a bit more. (Just a phone photo as my camera had an accident invloving a NH 8360 and a power harrow..... :( )

1 wee Q ?.....

Do you ever run over the paddock with a grubber before ploughing? with the idea that it will plough over nicer and bust up beter.

Some swear by that here others say it?s a waste of time if you have a bit of speed on the plough like you said.

1 wee Q ?.....

Do you ever run over the paddock with a grubber before ploughing? with the idea that it will plough over nicer and bust up beter.

Some swear by that here others say it?s a waste of time if you have a bit of speed on the plough like you said.

Used to do a lot of it in the 80s.....try and get a flush of volunteers and weeds then bury them but if it got wet could turn to slurry before it was ploughed. Expense now stops me from doing it and if you do that you're halfway to  a min-till seedbed  :)

looks like you "assistant" is doing quite a good job John - I take it that the land is light enough as the renault doesn't seem under any pressure ;)

He has improved a lot over the last couple of seasons and is actually pretty careful. That is one of our 'lighter' fields but all the land is ploughing up really short this year as it is so dry. Also this is after OSR so there is a good mat of volunteers helping break up the soil. He'd be doing about 8-10kph there.  :)

Looking good mate......If you ever need an extra set of hands you know where I am...... ;D;) ;)

How much more ploughing do you have to do this year?

Wind your neck in youngun, I've already asked!!!  :D :D :D :D :D

Should have an airgun with you John for those damn rats!! Soil looks nice round where you are, good theory too.