John Deere's Tattie Harvesting......

NewHolland2

Great pics mart that 64 :P :P :P  did you see if it was dynashift or dyna 6 ???

That deere 7920 on a harvester :o :o  bet thats on tick over but i wouldnt like to imagine the soil compaction off it from those tyres :o :o , Our partners complain enough as it is having there Case MX170 on 710 tyres and my boss with our 818 on 710's. Mart why do they run such a large tractor on a tattie harvester surely its a waste of diesel etc if they do need it wouldnt it be beter to run a lighter machine like a 818 as most 7920 are close to 9 ton un ballasted

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pics mart that 64 :P :P :P  did you see if it was dynashift or dyna 6 ???

That deere 7920 on a harvester :o :o  bet thats on tick over but i wouldnt like to imagine the soil compaction off it from those tyres :o :o , Our partners complain enough as it is having there Case MX170 on 710 tyres and my boss with our 818 on 710's. Mart why do they run such a large tractor on a tattie harvester surely its a waste of diesel etc if they do need it wouldnt it be beter to run a lighter machine like a 818 as most 7920 are close to 9 ton un ballasted

Cheers Phill......The Massey was a Dynashift...... :);)

I think the reason that they run the 7920 is that the other 6920 tractors are on carting duties and each driver has their own tractor and Andy who drives the 7920 is a harvester operator as opposed to a carter so he just keeps his tractor and puts it on the harvester...... ;)

Hey Mart... some CRACKING pics there mate.... thank for sharing... nice to see one Massey sneaked in there amoungst all those greens... looks a little sticky under foot as well..

What variety are they lifting Mart... is it a nadine  ???

Cheers Marky......Aye I was surprised the Massey was there but it was good to see a nice variety of tractors in the one field...... :)

Was pretty wet and some of the tractors were having a job coming up the hill when fully loaded with 10 tonnes of tatties...... :o

They were lifting Nicola Salad Tatties...... ;)

ye it is giving nothing but problems same as the one before. saying that the farm that we work togetheir at the harvest and silage and borrow each others tackel have two fergies a p plate and a t plate and they have been no problem at all have even had to drive the 6150 before not as nice as the jd though. marty will post a pic of the number plate andy has on the back of his tractor later as i have the same plate but not mounted it on my tractor yet.

as far as i can remember he only has three working tractor now 68 6820 and his big fergie thatis never out of the workshop. its only a year old will find out for you.

For an 05 machine he has very bad luck every single mf i know is running as sweet as a nut with no problems but then smallest mf being a 6490 so :-\ :-\ :-\ they must have got a friday jobbie