Tattie Harvest 2006......

NewHolland2

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking good as usual nh2  :)

Cheers mate...... :);) ;)

Can I ask a dumb question.........why load them into small boxes if they are going to be dumped into a trailer??? Is it so they don't bruise as much in smaller boxes ???

I harvest them in boxes and when the processor requires tatties they are then loaded into the bulk trailer for transport......They can be stored in the boxes until they are required for processing rather than storing them in a trailer which keeps the trailer from being used......That's how I've worked it out for my model scenes anyway...... :);) ;)

Same here, they only went into box's just before they were going for Grading.

i think theres were loaded straight into a lorry and taken off for processing?? ???, only harvested with them once so cant remember the end result. They were small holding farmers so didnt have the equipment that most farmers would use i guess down to cost :-\ :-\ :-\

Could do but the shed is only kitted out for grain...... :);) ;)

Easier to keep them in the boxes......  :);) ;)

have yet to decide what to do with mine....have all those boxes to use so may harvest to boxes, tip in grader then store :-\ :-\

will try and get you some. bet martin has a few already they are like a normal shed with a cold air system that keeps the potatoes below a certain temp.

8 degrees I believe... I think boxes are used to "cold store" goods... "piles of spuds" are generally used when they don't need cold storage... if you think about it... the air can circulate around boxes.... it won't in a pile of spuds on the floor  :-\