microsoft tractor

Goodhead

bill, a few tractors have been sold over here with the Microsoft logo on the bonnet.

i think i was a new holland 9880.

I bought one because i'm a computer technician!!!

Do you know the story why micro soft had its name put on a tractor. Tractors and microsoft are like chalk and cheese.

Could you find out about that model.  I would like to post some info about it on my web site.

thanks

I'd really like to know this one

I've tried searching the internet and found no link between NH tractors and microsoft as far as I can see, the only tenuous link I can think of is that Microsoft have been working with Fiat to develop a Windows for cars, Fiat of course own 71% of New Holland - but why they would advertise this with an out of date tractor I don't know, so my theory is rubbish.

Something I've also thought in the past is that this is not legit, but since seems to be (although you can easily make your own MS NH). I wonder if it is independent of Ertl?

I hope Bill can explain this, its an intriguing one.

First off, we did produce this tractor for Microsoft.  It is legitimate.

We were approached by Microsoft.  Apparently they have some software that is specialized for agricultural activities.  They wanted to have something to give to their customers of this software.  To make a long story short, it ended up being this NH tractor that was chosen.

Less than 500 were produced, so if you have one, you're indeed lucky.

Bill

First off, we did produce this tractor for Microsoft.? It is legitimate.

We were approached by Microsoft.? Apparently they have some software that is specialized for agricultural activities.? They wanted to have something to give to their customers of this software.? To make a long story short, it ended up being this NH tractor that was chosen.

Less than 500 were produced, so if you have one, you're indeed lucky.

Bill

I think this comment from Bill has just doubled the value of one of these models.  :)