At work with Martin (NH2)

NewHolland2

Well martin hope you get loads of pictures of the silage

Will see what I can do Peter......We'll do at least three fields in the next two weeks the boss hopes, so that'll be switching between mowing, baling, wrapping and loading for us, between the 6475 Dyna-6 and the 3095 Dynashift with the Loader...... :) :) :);)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont you do any clamp silage or isit all bales  :-\ it works out alot cheaper for us to do clamp silage  :-\ :)

All bales mate......We don't have facilities for a silage clamp and we're all kitted out for loading the court every day with the silage bales so it's just the way we're set up...... :) :) :);)

• 2 weeks later...

We've been busy carting in silage today......I spent the day in the 3095 Loading the Massey 700 Flat-Bed and Portequip Flat-Bed in the field while the boss used the Massey 6475 Dyna-6 to cart the trailers back to the farm where he unloaded them with the Merlo Telehandler......We brought 80 bales in in around 4 hours today and we expect to finish the field tomorrow and make ma start carting in from the next field...... :) :) :);)

1) Portequip Trailer Loaded with silage

Here's the Merlo today with the basket on the front forks for cleaning out the guttering...... :) :) :);)

that reminded me of when i was working at a farm at easter. we borrowed a merlo just like yours and are putting old bits of scrap metal in a old bath tub and the tub was sitting in between the forks, then we put a scrap metal bar in it then my boss was trying to set it up on top of the skip ( cause it full to the top) then disater struck. the metal bar slided out of the bathtub and went through the merlo windscreen!! very close to my bosses chest!! but just stopped at the dashboard bit. of course i got the brilliant job of brushing up the glass!! ha ha! just i wee memory

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like you were busy Mart - hope there was no bales bursted :D :D

Did 120 bales with a neighbour of mine there one day bringing 28 bales a go on 2 trailers with a 6 mile round trip - did it in 6 hours so you better speed up a bit :D :D

Did 120 bales with a neighbour of mine there one day bringing 28 bales a go on 2 trailers with a 6 mile round trip - did it in 6 hours so you better speed up a bit :D :D

You guys are lucky.......we havn't even started yet and that's not through not trying! >:(:( :(

Busy indeed mate........Working with one tractor on the road with me driving in the field loading the other trailer with the other lad having to do the unloading it's amazing just how long it takes........

You guys are lucky.......we havn't even started yet and that's not through not trying! >:(:( :(

Unlucky mate........Is the grass still standing or has rain flattened it?

Busy indeed mate........Working with one tractor on the road with me driving in the field loading the other trailer with the other lad having to do the unloading it's amazing just how long it takes........

Unlucky mate........Is the grass still standing or has rain flattened it?

Some and some mate. We have 65 acres which is very ready and then a further 25 acres which is getting that way. ;)

The combines are exactly what I forgot to photo and the Kydd Fymax........I'll get them sometime........They'll be worth waiting for........

On the name plate front they were thought up by two friends of mine who just happen to have the same names as those now on the machines........

• 4 weeks later...