At work with Martin (NH2)

NewHolland2

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely looking Machine Mart... crimping gain sound like fun as well... How does it work then mate... does it just squash it through 2 flat rollers  ???

How do you get the feed cake in the bags.. or does it come in like that  ???

To be honest Marky I'm not 100% sure on how it works mate, perhaps someone else will be slightly more in the know on the subject...... :D

What I'll try to do though is get a pic of the finished feed mixture with the grain and the cake for you if you're interested this weekend...... :)

The feed cake comes in from the supplier (East Coast Viners) in the bags......Just a case of emptying out when needed...... ;)

That was the first time we'd tried loading the bruiser straight from the bag, he used to shovel it in......

To be honest Marky I'm not 100% sure on how it works mate, perhaps someone else will be slightly more in the know on the subject...... :D

What I'll try to do though is get a pic of the finished feed mixture with the grain and the cake for you if you're interested this weekend...... :)

The feed cake comes in from the supplier (East Coast Viners) in the bags......Just a case of emptying out when needed...... ;)

That was the first time we'd tried loading the bruiser straight from the bag, he used to shovel it in......

If I'm interested... Does Dolly Paryton sleep on her back  ::) - YES PLEASE SuperMart  ;D

Another interesting day on the farm today......Fed all the cows with silage/hay/barley etc in the morning and then went off to a machinery sale at the local Mart. Some interesting tractors for sale including :-

Massey Ferguson 6180

Ford 7840

John Deere 6910

John Deere 2850

Case 956XL (I think it was)

International 956XL too (both Case and IH were mint)

......Also for sale was theis lovely Ford 7610......Was a B Reg example and made ?4000 + VAT......

Came home and fed the cattle at the back of four and that was us finished for the day, so not too hard...... :D:);)

martin  how much the deeres make. sounds like the new job is going well.

Aye mate, going very well......Today's report to follow later on, possibly tomorrow...... :)

John Deere 6910 unsold  max bid was ?23,000 owner wanted more as it was a 2003 machine with fairly low hours......

John Deere 2850, I'm not sure about, may have been around the ?8,000 mark if I remember rightly......There was a 2wd John Deere 2130 but I don't think that sold either...... :-\ ;)

Another good day yesterday......As usual started and finished by feeding the cows...... :)

Spent most of the rest of the day running around in an old International fitted with Massey loader carting gates between the two farms and carting bales into the sheds...... :)

Pic of the International to follow...... ;)

Great pics Mart... glad to hear it's all going well mate... I can just see that 175 medallion in the bottom pic  :P:-*:-* :-*

I want that 1080 really  ;D

Cheers Marky...... :)

The 175 was parked right in front of the 6475 but didn't get a pic as the light wasn't great, will try and get one maybe this weekend...... :)

The 1080 could do with a bit of work being done to her, but noboy has the time to do it, she still starts well though...... ;)

Cheers Marky...... :)

The 175 was parked right in front of the 6475 but didn't get a pic as the light wasn't great, will try and get one maybe this weekend...... :)

The 1080 could do with a bit of work being done to her, but noboy has the time to do it, she still starts well though...... ;)

I can do it Mart... send her down here... I MAY get it back to you sometime.. well... the wife will just after I have popped my cloggs  ;D

Another good day today...... :)

Fed the cows etc as usual, then carted in the bales for the evening feed with the CAT/TowMotor forklift......

Once the boss got back I helped him unload a trailed load of feed bags......

Then off to the other farm to check on the cows there and off to the other field where the remaining 5 cows and 3 calves are outside to put in another bale...... :)

Pics of the forklift to follow later...... ;)

Haven't got around to asking him yet Tris......Haven't seen him much today to get onto the subject......Might wedge it into the conversation tomrrow though...... ;D;) ;)

Come and spend a few days with me Mart and do it on my fanny (I really can't call her that can I  :-\ - what will I tell my mum)... serious offer mate... maybe over the Crimble hols...  ;)

Come and spend a few days with me Mart and do it on my fanny (I really can't call her that can I  :-\ - what will I tell my mum)... serious offer mate... maybe over the Crimble hols...  ;)

:D :D :D......Oh deary me mate, what an offer...... ;)

Thanks Marky......I'll see what's happening over the holidays, I'll definitely have to try and get down sometime though mate...... :);)