Ploughs... ploughs... ploughs.... decisions... decisions... your thoughts please

Lord Ferguson

Surprise , surprise that is completely different to what they say in the 2 brochures I have for it - I believe that plough was designed by Peter Topham one of the biggest UK farmers with 6500 acres and an operation in Ukraine ;)

Never believe what the brochures say, they never seem to test them on the tough land like most of what I was ploughing :-\ If it had been that good Dowdeswell wouldn't have dropped it from the range when they bought Volac :);)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never believe what the brochures say, they never seem to test them on the tough land like most of what I was ploughing :-\ If it had been that good Dowdeswell wouldn't have dropped it from the range when they bought Volac :);)

I know brochures are nearly bad as political spin got to read or preferably try everything to get an open mind on things  ;)

• 1 year later...

Well... in all honesty... no...

BUT... I was just discussing a Fergie plough with Kev...

The problem I have is that Fanny is currently sporting a 38" gap between the rear wheels... and I believe a Fergie plough to be 12" furrows.... or is it 10" ???

I THINK my wheel centres only move in and out in multiples of 4"  :-\

As Kev says... discuss  :D :D

Well... in all honesty... no...

BUT... I was just discussing a Fergie plough with Kev...

The problem I have is that Fanny is currently sporting a 38" gap between the rear wheels... and I believe a Fergie plough to be 12" furrows.... or is it 10" ???

I THINK my wheel centres only move in and out in multiples of 4"  :-\

As Kev says... discuss  :D :D

Correct on the rear wheels - 2 inch movements per side ;)

I think the Fergie plough's were 10' Ransomes are 12 and KV's are 12 or 14 ;)

Remind me again how the distance is calculated for match ploughing - I think its some multiple of your furrows ???

That seems odd - from the centres of the tyres it should be 54" at the narrowest settings I think - I'm only thinking of the way the 3600 can be set up ;)

I think for 2 furrow it is 4 times the width to make sure for the last furrow - James F will tell you more as his brother is big into this ;)

There was an older Classic Tractor explaining all this but for the life of me I can not remember which month it was ???