Parmiter Chain Harrows

I know I've probably bored everyone to death with my harrows now, but due to popular demand I have decided to go ahead with the idea and here they are. The picture shown are of the first few that Gav has cast from the plastic proto-type which I have been building over the last couple of weeks. It is a new design this time and the bodies are cast in Resin and the chains will be brass again. Let me know what you think so far, but please remember there is still a lot of work to do with them, including cleaning them up and painting, then assembling the kits.  :)

post-409-132638565322_thumb.jpg

post-409-132638565326_thumb.jpg

i expect the casting process will speed up your turnover?

Looking good tho

Yes it makes the job a lot easier as it is quicker and it also makes all of the sets identical, however it is not going to work out any cheaper than if it were to be made of Plastic or even Brass!  :o

looking go so far mate, and siku resin hitches to, are they pretty stong?? as with the chain on there will be some weight on them in the upright position

Should be strong enough, though if not I shall have to buy some more adaptors.  ;) However the chain is not that heavy at all and resin is fairly light.  ;)

looking go so far mate, and siku resin hitches to, are they pretty stong?? as with the chain on there will be some weight on them in the upright position

I have them in front of me at the minute Sean and I've been trying to break them as a test by twisting and pressing on them but haven't managed as yet :);)

I have them in front of me at the minute Sean and I've been trying to break them as a test by twisting and pressing on them but haven't managed as yet :);)

Oi yob! You just be careful with my precious little babies!  :D :D :D

Grand job Will and Gav, another Forum success of members helping eachother. Been a fair bit of that lately and it is encouraging for us all to see.

Back to the chain harrows, Will. . .. you've cracked it. There was some confusion in your last Topic over my comments, me forgetting to put a key word in thus making the reply negative wen it should have been positive  :-[:-[ :-[:-[ Make no mistake now mate, your on to a winner and these first images show a lot of work, not to mention the time you have put into these. Great to see Gav taking them on for your mass production run. Good bloke he is.

Maybe we will see the larger model coming soon, with the verticle ram in the middle attached to the wings via cabbles for folding them up?

Grand job Will and Gav, another Forum success of members helping eachother. Been a fair bit of that lately and it is encouraging for us all to see.

Back to the chain harrows, Will. . .. you've cracked it. There was some confusion in your last Topic over my comments, me forgetting to put a key word in thus making the reply negative wen it should have been positive  :-[:-[ :-[:-[ Make no mistake now mate, your on to a winner and these first images show a lot of work, not to mention the time you have put into these. Great to see Gav taking them on for your mass production run. Good bloke he is.

Maybe we will see the larger model coming soon, with the verticle ram in the middle attached to the wings via cables for folding them up?

:-[:-[ :-[:-[ You've made me go red now :D  I'm only too pleased to be able to help out, if we can't help each other out on here then its a poor state of affairs really :)

All looking very nice Will ...  :o  ;) What paint colours did you decide on?

Parmiter orange I have gone with, however could be persuaded to go older blue if anyone asked nicely enough.  ::):D :D

Maybe we will see the larger model coming soon, with the verticle ram in the middle attached to the wings via cabbles for folding them up?

Cheers Deere-est very encouraging to here.  :):-*:-* As for the bigger hydraulic folding set.... who knows what the future holds.....!!!  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update for you all, the first set of frames are now all completed by Gav and should have made good headway on assembling them next week-end, so its slow progress due to near-ish exams, but a big step in the right direction.  :)

Bit more done now lads....Got the first sets yesterday morning and over the weekend I have got them all cleaned up and started the drilling. Just a few pictures...  ;)

post-409-132638572574_thumb.jpg

post-409-132638572578_thumb.jpg