I was going to bid on this but didn't, I have all those animals loose. Nice to see it's gone to a good home. Have you got any more boxed Herald?

I have most of the animals and figures loose but this is the only boxed set of animals I have.I do have the hurdles boxed though.I would love to get some more sets of animals.

I have most of the animals and figures loose but this is the only boxed set of animals I have.I do have the hurdles boxed though.I would love to get some more sets of animals.

Me too, so difficult to find.

I have one early boxed Herald set, 7570 with 24 pieces. I will post some pictures when I get a digi camera!

There are two styles of gate with one or two diagonals.

Have you any of the brown cattle? rare as hens teeth. :)

Me too, so difficult to find.

I have one early boxed Herald set, 7570 with 24 pieces. I will post some pictures when I get a digi camera!

There are two styles of gate with one or two diagonals.

Have you any of the brown cattle? rare as hens teeth. :)

Do you mean the plastic cattle from the lead moulds

I've only ever seen the standing and feeding cow, didn't know they did a calf.

Do you know if they did all the calfs and the bull ?

The Peter Cole book lists all the '59 cattle as being available in brown, doesn't mention the calf though, there is also a colour picture of the 3 cows. I've never seen the bull in brown. The '57 Herald bull is also available in brown, usually with a white patch on it.

OOOOOOPs Just worked out my lying down calf is from the '57 Herald issue, albeit with the latter Britains marking's on base, It's in a slightly lighter shade of brown . It's possible the other '57 calves are available in the same colour  :)

Cheers for the info.....certainly ones to look out for. Although if I remember the last cow I saw on ebay went for ?30  :-\

Your welcome. :)

There was a standing/feeding cow on e-bay this week, no tail one ear and one horn possibly some teeth marks and drool . Can't remember what it went for. It was with a load of other animals peeking out behind something, listed as damaged. I had to ask for exact damage. A lot cheaper than my one though. :)