de stoner ( spalding 07)

looks great Dave, also the other new stuff on your website.

the only one I've seen recently looks a bit different (not sure of the make)

nice pic JP can't see what make it is either, toss up between a grimme & a reekie from what i can see, most machines are much of a muchness , the only thing daves model is lacking is a moveable rear conveyor, most conveyors are 4mtrs long , but fold up for transport  :)

so does it collect the stones up ?

On the smaller compact tractors they use a Stone Burier which hides the stone under the soil

Some have a steel box on the back and collect the stones,once on the head land they are tipped out into a trailer.The idea is realy only for land with almost no stones in it to start with. :)

I have heard of a farmer in South Yorks who di d totally clear a heavily stoned piece of land only for it to become a useless muddy bog ! One thing is not to rip too deep when cultivating so as to leave the sub layer undisturbed.

so does it collect the stones up ?

On the smaller compact tractors they use a Stone Burier which hides the stone under the soil

no mike , it basicaly sieves the soil where the potato's will be planted & moves the stones to oneside, usually into the wheel markings  :)

I have heard of a farmer in South Yorks who di d totally clear a heavily stoned piece of land only for it to become a useless muddy bog ! One thing is not to rip too deep when cultivating so as to leave the sub layer undisturbed.

same happened down here john , the farmer now has approx 20 -25  acres of unworkable ground , the soil has packed down solid,to hard to work when its dry & & makes a right mess when it's wet :( all setaside now