dad's old books

as the title say's he gave me his old  books when is was at plumpton collage.there are four book's called progressive farming published jan 1951 :o so heres a few pics

the cost of running tractors frightning

resize6.png

nice bit of ploughing

resize4.png

fordson with loader

resize3.png

muck speader and crawler

resize5.png

there are a few more pic's with animals,buidings,crops,so if you are intrested in anything let me know and i will try to find it for you

steve

Nice pics batcher might want to get a sprit level on your scanner  ;)

Only had the scanner 2 years now first time if used it and then my young daughter had to help  :o wot's a sprit level is that like a instrution book  ::)

Only had the scanner 2 years now first time if used it and then my young daughter had to help  :o wot's a sprit level is that like a instrution book  ::)

i didn't think it was right never mind whats the tractor ploughing second pic david brown cropmaster  ???

i didn't think it was right never mind whats the tractor ploughing second pic david brown cropmaster  ???

Its a VAK 1 or VAK 1a, but with the looks of the power unit with the adjustable top link its most likely to be a VAK1a. With what looks like a Ferguson Brown 2 furrow plough.

Nice book, thanks for sharing the pictures.

They look excellent mate. Could you possibly try and find the buildings pictures. Thanks mate and thanks for posting those pictures there excellent  ;)

Hi i found this ideal farm setting ;D

steve1071.jpg

this one little bit more detail

steve1072.jpg

steve1073.jpg

there are more if you need them

steve

• 2 years later...

I have the same book in my collection of various old farming books. The picture of the D.B. ploughing is a 1945/46 VAK1A pulling a David Brown PUI 2-furrow plough, probably 8 or 10 inch furrow but could be altered to 12 inch.