Now settle down class and listen..... Or you stay in at break time

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Try a MF Pressure Control tractor on your farm".......we did  ;D

Good theory but (I don't like to slag Masseys - Oh what the hell)

Turning with it on was interesting.

Nice heavy machine to work soil, magically becomes a light machine that doesn't - so you go faster  ;D

Imagine the headache when that chain snaps  ;D

Basically it was a pain.

Sorry, teach, I'll go and sit in the corner with my pointy hat.  :(

same as most oddities marky & jdc will agree , in the right hands & working in the right conditions it worked well , but like many other things , the tractor driver gets told 'ah you'll work it out' & i daresay many didn't  :-\

"Try a MF Pressure Control tractor on your farm".......we did  ;D

Good theory but (I don't like to slag Masseys - Oh what the hell)

Turning with it on was interesting.

Nice heavy machine to work soil, magically becomes a light machine that doesn't - so you go faster  ;D

Imagine the headache when that chain snaps  ;D

Basically it was a pain.

Sorry, teach, I'll go and sit in the corner with my pointy hat.  :(

Great... thanks John.. I was kind of hoping you had used it... it's GREAT to get a real operators view... and one who's opinion I very much trust as well...

I knew there must have been a reason why it didn;t "take off" ... shame really... but as Marcus says... in the right conditions great I am sure... but floored by "other factors"

Great... thanks John.. I was kind of hoping you had used it... it's GREAT to get a real operators view... and one who's opinion I very much trust as well...

I knew there must have been a reason why it didn;t "take off" ... shame really... but as Marcus says... in the right conditions great I am sure... but floored by "other factors"

or even possibly flawed, by others ;)

I read the pics 3 times looking for 'floors'  :D

I think it was at the time when trailed equipment was being superceded by linkage mounted stuff which probably didn't help. It worked best on something like a 4 wheel turntable trailer where there was a decent weight to transfer.

It could on the other hand allow you to dig in and get stuck much more quickly.  ;D

Dont think Masseys come with pressure control hydraulics anymore :-\

No... you can't get it any more... another item resigned to the bowels of history  :'( :-\

Now Colm.... the exam will be set in one weeks time... just to see if you have taken it all in... and I do strongly advise you all to revise  ;);D

No... you can't get it any more... another item resigned to the bowels of history  :'( :-\

Now Colm.... the exam will be set in one weeks time... just to see if you have taken it all in... and I do strongly advise you all to revise  ;);D

OOh OOh OOh  Please Sirrrrrrrrrrr !!!!  *raises hand high in the air*

I read the pics 3 times looking for 'floors'  :D

I think it was at the time when trailed equipment was being superceded by linkage mounted stuff which probably didn't help. It worked best on something like a 4 wheel turntable trailer where there was a decent weight to transfer.

It could on the other hand allow you to dig in and get stuck much more quickly.  ;D

There was a lengthy article on pressure control either in Classic Tractor or Tractor and Machinery several months ago. I will try and find out which one over the weekend.

I think it was specifically designed with trailed discs and four wheel trailers in mind and would have probably been intended for non European markets where more trailed implements were used. The article I saw showed it on a four wheeled trailer behind a 185 or 188 with cast PAVT wheels. Ok if the drawbar could take an upward force. Sadly I think most trailed implements of the time had their strength in the horizontal plane and would have been easily broken. Clever idea though!  :)

:D :D :D :D :D  Can I borrow that brochure to wipe my ar$e with too  :D :D :D

No  >:(

However... you CAN go and stand in the corner young man.. and come and see me after school...  >:(

You will write..... 100 times...

I love Massey Ferguson really... and I'm sorry I made out I didn't

the hydraulic quadrant levers had a position called "CONSTANT PUMPING" that I don't seem to remember anyone mentioning in any of the articles. One had to set this position to effect the set-up. I guess it must have meant a pressure relief valve blowing most of the time in the circuit, not good practice in most hydraulic systems.