Top links for rear linkage

alpinefocus

Question

17 answers to this question

Doesn't Karen sell them anyway  :-\ - I am sure I have seen them somewhere before  :-\

it was one of the Brians, Norman i think???, sure he had something similar when we looked at Spalding :-\

What about two hydraulic ram pistons in a plastruct tube ??? You would have an eye at either end then unless you want to canabilise a UH model

Thats what i thought but its hard to to break a uh model. i think i will try plastruct tube

I use a piece of brass rod with eyes turned/soldered at each end, but with some insulation of suitable size stripped off electrical cable slipped on first to give the bottlescrew look. Once it's painted it looks OK.

Works for dummy rams too  :)

I use a piece of brass rod with eyes turned/soldered at each end, but with some insulation of suitable size stripped off electrical cable slipped on first to give the bottlescrew look. Once it's painted it looks OK.

Works for dummy rams too  :)

Any chance of a quick JDC "how to" post on that John  :-\ ???

Here's one with the paint still wet.  :D

1) Bend the brass rod round the end of a file or similar to make an eye.

2) Strip some insulation off (in this case 1.0mm T&E cable) the wire aand slip onto the brass rod. It can be shortened later if required.

post-300-132638576813_thumb.jpg

post-300-132638576815_thumb.jpg

3) Bend the second eye in similar manner to first to give top link of desired length.

4) To save soldering, I used epoxy adhesive to attach the sleeve and fill in the eyes. When the glue is dry, drill holes for the pins of, say, 1.0mm.

post-300-132638576817_thumb.jpg

post-300-13263857682_thumb.jpg