Carrot Harvesting 2007......

NewHolland2

Well our regular friends have arrived back again this year to lift the over-Winter carrot crop with a couple of new recruits meaning two familiar faces have gone...... :-\ :) :) ;)

I'll start with two regulars -

1) Deutz-Fahr Agrotron 165MK3 with Quicke Loader

2) Deutz-Fahr Agrotron 165MK3 with NC Rotary Brush

post-32-132638577675_thumb.jpg

post-32-132638577678_thumb.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think all that gear could do with a blast of the power washer eh mart :)

Yeah, I know mate......I think because it's a large company and they also hire in extra tractors and they're on a rolling contract with Huntapac to keep them going with carrots, they don't really get much of a chance for a break......Go from field to the next I think...... :-\ :) :) ;)

Some lovely pics there Mart... we are not that far from the end of the UK carrot season hey mate  ;)

Soon be those horrible Spanish things... thin and pointy... and floppy as well... yuck  :(

Cheers Marky...... :)

Aye I know - Having said that they seem earlier harvesting the ones by us this year by 2-3 weeks......There's not a shortage is there mate?  :) :) ;)

A new machine to be hired in this time is this New Holland 8360 which replaces a (bad at the best of times according to the driver) Massey...... ;D;) ;) ;)

I'm surprised Marky is still speaking to you  :)

Good field of machinery there, must admit a portable pressure washer should be on their wish list.  :D

No... the price of carrots is pretty much stable Mart  ;) .. most UK produced items seem to be running 2-3 weeks behind at the moment..

The Cucumber season has JUST kicked off 2 weeks late  :-\

Cheers for the inside info Marky...... ;) ;)

I'm surprised Marky is still speaking to you  :)

Good field of machinery there, must admit a portable pressure washer should be on their wish list.  :D

I know John, I risked it with that comment didn't I...... :D;)

I ignored that bit... due to the language filter... I may well have "blinded the screen"  ::):D :D ;D

:D :D......They were the driver's comments Marky not mine...... ;)

nice pics Mart!!!

enjoy your snaps ;D ;D

Cheers Ben......Should be more to come tonight and hopefully some more kit might have arrived too...... :) :) ;)

Cor you've out done your self this time mate.Super work.

Thanks Ol...... :)

They went away with all the kit again for a couple of days that's why I didn't get any working pics......Am on holiday for the next two weeks though and they arrived back today so will manage some over the next few days (probably Monday)...... :) :) ;)

Sounds good mart.

I know of an English guy (in NZ) that was driving for huntapack.He told me of one paddock of winter carrots they were lifting that was so wet they were getting stuck with the tractors & trailers every run up the paddock.This guys job was to chain the tractor and trailer to his "chipped" case MX240 and he would pull them up the paddock so the harvestor would not be stopped with a stuck trailer on each bed. :o