1/32nd 9880STS "I" European combine

Hi

Well last weekend I attended a local toy show and picked up the 1/32nd 9880I STS combine which I had to have specially ordered, since this model will not be sold through Deere dealers over here in Canada. So my 9880I STS is probably one of the very few ones to arrive in North America. I am really happy to have this model in my collection. I thought I would share my review of this model. In my opnion the new 9880 I STS "High Performance Rotar" combine is like a night and days difference between the older 9880STS in 1/32nd. The added warning and the strobe lights are nice( although the strobe lights should be red). The rear straw chopper is different compared to the older 9880STS, and the dubble fold unloading auger is another nice change with the new 9880I. Like the previous 9880STS, it also has the cab access ladder, and mounted fire extengisher, but the rear warning lights are different compared to the older 9880 STS. I was really glad to see this change with the more European  warning lights compared to the older 9880. The paint detail in the wheel rims is very nice and makes the model stand out over the older non" high Performance Rotar" 9880. The cab detail is very nice as well and is the same as the older 9880 although the cab roof is different between the two. The quality control on my imported 9880I is 100% and I am very glad for that as I would not want the dealer I ordered it from  to have to go to the trouble of sending it back. In my opnion this is a great model and there is enough changes for collectors to consider buying it. One nice change I like is the addition of the 12 row corn head along with the 30F flexhead with the new 9880I. I was kinda disapointed when the previous 9880 was released with only the flexhead. In all I would give this model an 9 out of 10 in my opnion. I would like to know what others think of this model and would be interested to know of other collectors in North America who managed to add the 9880I to there collection.  Take Care Jason B

Does it say it is a flex head?

It's just that they arent really used over here, used in the USA as the sometimes run flat to the ground.

It sounds good to me. I would like to see a walker machine or a CTS.

Thanks jason, much appreciated

A nice write up Jason, a model I would like although a few more things have priority at the moment. I have the older one and it is a wonderful model I think, the only fault I have with it is that the grain bin doesn't fold away.

A nice write up Jason, a model I would like although a few more things have priority at the moment. I have the older one and it is a wonderful model I think, the only fault I have with it is that the grain bin doesn't fold away.

Hi

Yeah I too wish the hopper would open up. When the 1/32nd 9750STS Precision II combine was released in 2000, I was kinda hoping that Ertl would have followed with a Precision II 9880STS in 1/32nd afterwards, but I am still really glad for this high end models though. Take Care Jason B