MODEL OF THE MOMENT......Ford 5610.....

Well for the fist non-Massey "Model of the Moment" here's a Ford 5610......The first Britains Ford 5610 was released in 1987 and came in the Britains Rainbow Box and was given the item code 9527......This model featured a non-glazed cab......

A later version was then introduced in 1989 which came in a Banded Box (shown on the Left of the picture) which featured a glazed cab and kept the same code of 9527......

The 5610 was then upgraded by Britains again in 1996 with the addition of wider wheels as fitted to models like the New Holland 8560 (see model to right of picture)......A few modifications were made in 1998 and the model was finally removed from the range in 2001......

:) :) :);)

post-32-132638597435_thumb.jpg

Cheers lads......I would have taken some extra pictures of the wide wheeled one but she's never been out of the plastic box insert and the selotape is still on so I wanted her to stay that way...... :D;)

When time allows I will get around to doing the New Holland 8560 as well which should prove easier to do due to the fact there were less upgrades and no Generations II's or III's to complicate matters...... ;) ;)

Thanks for that NH2, very informative. Does anyone know why Britains changed the decals on this casting from TW20 to 7710, and then strangely to a 5610  ???

Cheers MDFord...... :)

Couldn't say for sure but I suppose they thought it would be a good way to make money from the same casting by just changing the model numbers over despite the 5610 itself looked nothing like the Britains model really...... :-\ :-\ ;)

Couldn't say for sure but I suppose they thought it would be a good way to make money from the same casting by just changing the model numbers over despite the 5610 itself looked nothing like the Britains model really...... :-\ :-\ ;)

I just had a look back at the model and also the real one. Doesn't seem to be a huge amount of difference that I can tell. Is it really that off ??? and what is it that lets it down ie : bonnet too short etc....

Given the year it was made though I supposed it looked ok ? Maybe we are just more discriminating nowadays ?

I just had a look back at the model and also the real one. Doesn't seem to be a huge amount of difference that I can tell. Is it really that off ??? and what is it that lets it down ie : bonnet too short etc....

Given the year it was made though I supposed it looked ok ? Maybe we are just more discriminating nowadays ?

It is pretty off from the real deal Scott......Even the Dave Pullen book mentions this fact......I never really noticed it when I had my first wide wheeled version when I was younger but there are noticeable differences (especially with the wider wheeled version such as the Ford name being non-existent on the front or side of the bonnet compared the real decal) in my opinion I think the bonnet may also be slightly too long as well...... :-\

The fact it had a Super Q cab may well also have been off as many of the earlier 5610's would have probably had the more basic AP cabs as opposed to the Super Q's...... :) :) ;)

Thanks for that NH2, very informative. Does anyone know why Britains changed the decals on this casting from TW20 to 7710, and then strangely to a 5610  ???

They had so much feedback that the model was too small for a 1/32 TW so  decided that the 7710 was more the right "general size" to be inkeeping with the scale, despite entirely the wrong engine block detail. Then I guess a change of front grilles was a cheap mod to update again, but why a 5610 & not 7610? (I don't think the real 7810 was out by then?) all of which are still not right with that engine with side rails.

Last but not least here we have the Ford 5610 pictured with the standard AP cab......The Super Q Cab as featured on the Britains Model was an option for this tractor...... :) :) :);)

mart , because more lp/ap cabbed 56's were sold during the original 10 series run , the SQ cab wasn't offered for the first couple of years on the 56  ;)

bit of a strange decision wasn't it . the natural choice would have been a 7710 SQ

• 2 weeks later...