Silage/Haylage baling

Gav836

Took some pictures of us doing some silage baling at work yesterday, haylage ones will come after these. The Case 5140 and Krone rake belong to the farm we were doing it for out near Hunstanton, The TS135A and Welger D4000 are ours, the baler is a 2003 model.

P1010004_01.jpg

P1010005_01.jpg

P1010006_01.jpg

P1010007_01.jpg

P1010008_01.jpg

P1010009_01.jpg

P1010001_01.jpg

P1010002_01.jpg

P1010003_01.jpg

P1010011-1.jpg

P1010012-1.jpg

Wrapping was taking place off the field using a McHale 998 being fed with our JCB 530-70 and the bales being removed with a Weidemann 1090 D/P, no pictures of this taking place as I was operating the wrapper's remote control and due to the film problems with it I daren't take my eyes off it :-\

Some of haylage baling from the previous day now. First pics are ones that I took of me tedding the grass with the MC135 and Lotus 600 rake. The ones of my bosses rowing up with the Lely rake and Baling , along with the larger wrapping one are courtesy of Belarusfan, feel free to add some more if you want to Chris ;) The MTX 135 and McHale 998 belong to a neighbour and it is the same wrapper that we were using for silage bales. I then cleared up the bales with our JCB 530-70 and squeeze

P1010003-1.jpg

P1010004-1.jpg

P1010002-1.jpg

P1010006-2.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

P1010003.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010006-1.jpg

P1010007.jpg

very nice Gav, cheered me up on a dull depressing day!! ;D ;D ;D

and stop reserving posts ;) ;) ::)

Thanks Ben :)

I knew someone would post before I'd finished with the pictures so I had to :D :D ;)

Wrapping was taking place off the field using a McHale 998 being fed with our JCB 530-70 and the bales being removed with a Weidemann 1090 D/P, no pictures of this taking place as I was operating the wrapper's remote control and due to the film problems with it I daren't take my eyes off it

Gav,

Did you have the film rolls open and sat on the side all day or was it in boxes? If you do then it can become all dry and break nearly every turn. I learnt the hard way when I was younger ??????

Great pics. I love wrapping with that machine!  ;D

No, they were still in boxes, the full time operator was on the Weidemann and has been using them for years so knows all the little problems ;) We worked out what it was in the end, the arms were going to quick for the film to cope with, his boss had it last and he thinks he may off speeded it up so we went under the panels and slowed it down again, seemed to cure the problem :)

No, they were still in boxes, the full time operator was on the Weidemann and has been using them for years so knows all the little problems ;) We worked out what it was in the end, the arms were going to quick for the film to cope with, his boss had it last and he thinks he may off speeded it up so we went under the panels and slowed it down again, seemed to cure the problem :)

Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent!! Dont you just love those machines, nothing else I know runs on guinness!!!  ;D ;D

Nice pics Gav mate ;) Were doing our IRG haylage campaign at the moment, been at it since sunday and will probably finish this sunday (yawn smilie), we could really do with your welgers up here at the moment!! We've had 3 big balers in to do it and all have broken down, one NH BB 940 blew a flywheel bearing after 50 bales yesterday, JD 100 came in as backup but couldn't handle the swath did 20 acres in like 8 hrs, f'in useless ::) currently have another BB 940 trying to bale up but thats just snapped 2 knotter springs ::) ::) Not good when you have 80 acres rowed up ready for baling :o :o I'm quite happy tedding with the maxxum and Kuhn GF though, no problems for me yet and my tractor has nearly 11 years on theres, new tackle doesn't always pay off ;D ;D Pics to come later ladies more tedding to do (another yawn smilie) :D :D

You got some nice photo's that day Gav, all seems to be uptogether and going well.

Thanks Tris, good job Chris was there to get the ones I couldn't take as well :)

All is going well there at the minute, I have the chance of some work on the first farm I ever worked on now as well possibly so with those two and the models it should really be coming together :)