Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

Tipping in Calne again, no waiting here. The auger in the bottom of this hopper takes the stuff away as soon as you start tipping so by the time you get to full hight your empty.

Loading you stand on a gantry to whatch the heap building up and them jump down and move forward accordingly. Ahead of the lorry is a digital read out for the wieght so once you get good you don't need to get out as you know when to move according to the wieght being shown and where you are parked under the outlet.

post-227-132638813568_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638813572_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The following week, the same lorry but a different trailer as I was hauling bulkier quarry products like stone and back loading rape meal.

Queue for the wieghbridge on the way out. View from under the huge bin for self loading.

Bit too much on so I had to tip a bit off here.

post-227-132638813576_thumb.jpg

post-227-13263881358_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately on the morning of the second day the clutch gave up  :-[ So her day ended at about 9am. Mine however ended at 4pm after a three hour wait for recovery and then we had to go and swap my loaded trailer for an empty with another driver so he could deliver my load and we went home.

I coasted into a turning next to a low bridge as the road dips under the bridge. I knew my luck would run out with me being stuck in the dip!! Recovey crew turned up and said let your brake off and coast under the bridge, we'll slap a chain on and pull you up into the glasshouse yard the otherside and sort it all out there. Exciting stuff!!

post-227-132638813585_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638813589_thumb.jpg

It was the first time I'd seen it too Mark. On the end of the beam there is a bar to form a T piece. On either end of the this is a fork which fits up infront and behind the axle. Then a small bar or chain is slotted over the top joining the fork.

The following week I was on another lorry. Volvo FH12, 460hp, this time a Globetrotter XL with I-Shift. As yet I havn't driven a better lorry. Now, I'm Scania mad or at least I was. .  the R series Topline I had a while back - she was nice alright but the that Opticruise just don't cut the mustard as I found with the one I had this week. Volvo I have to say are at the top of the tree.

Here she is anyway at ADM Milling, Avonmouth. Tipping Milling Wheat.

post-227-132638815214_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638815236_thumb.jpg

Then around the corner to G-Shed to load Soya for a farm near Uxbridge. One other thing with this particular truck, she was fast!! I didn't get passed by many trucks, only a DAF XF on UK plates which had to be doing 60mph on the flat. Paddies, Foreigners, Brits. . this thing ate them up hill, down hill and on the flat. I loved it!!  ;D

post-227-132638815244_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638815254_thumb.jpg

These were the farms workhorses. The F140 had a Mengele on the back, the MF was back up. The farm used to be a visitor centre and education centre but it's been left to the elements. It was a dump. Still had it's 24 bay rotating parlour though which was quite posh. The 365?? was in a sorry state  :( Nicest people in the world though, the famrers wife was out the door as soon as I parked with an ice cold bottle of Sprite  :P

post-227-13263881526_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638815267_thumb.jpg

Then a morning reload at Wright and Sons flour mills at Pnders End near Edmonton. Wheat meal, as you can see it was a dusty old affair. Drivers load them selves via five (only four worked) outlets from under a bin. You could only run one at a time whch was slow. Made four heaps, then pull forward and fill in the gaps.

post-227-132638815286_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638815292_thumb.jpg

Tipped that at a farm near Trowbridge so right on the doorstep really. Nice farm too, looked very prefessional set up. Didn't find anything out but it was dairy anyway.

Oh and the second pic is what happened when I was tipping the Soya  ::) Yes, thats my tail gate!! The farm worker had to shift all the soya with the Manitou to get the talgate and get it back up on the trailer.

post-227-132638815416_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638815422_thumb.jpg

Ive hauled wheat mids over here Tris nice and fluffy aint they

Your not wrong mate, just hope they pay a lot per tonne hauled that's all I can say!!

tell you what tris nice to see some  diferent but interesting pics

Cheers Si, it's nice to be doing something different mate. Today I was on grain cart in a 6420s!!  :)

It was the first time I'd seen it too Mark. On the end of the beam there is a bar to form a T piece. On either end of the this is a fork which fits up infront and behind the axle. Then a small bar or chain is slotted over the top joining the fork.

When on the zac lift I assume they disconnected the prop shaft of the Volvo Scania Tris ???

looks like a Volvo to me Bill ;)

Yes sorry Mark I must have seen the later picture of the Scania and got confused ;D ;D.. Both were the same colour of course. The other reason I probably got confused is that of all the times I'm been out on recoveries with my pal it is very rarely Volvo's in fact it tends to be more often than not Scania's ;D ;D

looks likke your having fun tris, dont you pin your tailgate  ::) on so it cant lift off on heaps ;)  you get some nice rides and horrid places to try get into

The bolts have long since pulled through the soft alloy U brackets which the tailgate hang from Nick. Bad design and no doubt a bit of abuse rolled in for good measure.

Bill, yeah they wanted to tow her backwards but had to pull her from under the trailer first so as she was all hitched up they dropped the prop after we left. :)

Archived