Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i bet you get to see some nice farms on that job tris  ;):) my uncle liked delivering to farms as there always differant in shapes  :)

talking about tailboards, my uncle went to deliver feed to a farm before and the farmer said tip it in the bottom shed  ::) so my uncle went down the track along side the sheds and at the end of all the tight turns there was very steep drop into the bottom yard ! and he couldnt reverse back as the turns around the sheds were to tight, so my uncle told the farmer and he said that all the artics went down there and turned around and came back up with the load  ::) so my uncle went down and turned around and put his boot to the floor to climb back up ,well he got half way up but then she just spun so the farmer got his nh 7840 and a chain and hooked it up but the farmer jurked the chain , suddenly the fh climbed up on its own , which my uncle thought was very strange ! ,untill he looked in the mirror  ::) 29 ton of feed on the floor  :D::) it had ripped the bolts clean out of the body  ::) lucky it was on concrete not a stone yard  :-[:D then the farmer said "well it isnt quite were i wanted it"  :D :D ::)

I get some nice farms for sure Rich. I also get some total cess pits of places where you wonder what the staff do all day if they arn't clearing up behind themselves  ::) Sounds like a nice delivery your uncle made!! We all get them.  ::)

Great pic's, like the Volvo.

Erik.

I thought you would like the Volvo Erik, it is a nice truck to drive too. It doesn't rock like a boat like a Scania does!  :D

Very nice pictures Tris.

Texas

Thanks Bas, it is nice to be able to take them. The best are yet to come  ;)

i bet you get to see some nice farms on that job tris  ;):) my uncle liked delivering to farms as there always differant in shapes  :)

talking about tailboards, my uncle went to deliver feed to a farm before and the farmer said tip it in the bottom shed  ::) so my uncle went down the track along side the sheds and at the end of all the tight turns there was very steep drop into the bottom yard ! and he couldnt reverse back as the turns around the sheds were to tight, so my uncle told the farmer and he said that all the artics went down there and turned around and came back up with the load  ::) so my uncle went down and turned around and put his boot to the floor to climb back up ,well he got half way up but then she just spun so the farmer got his nh 7840 and a chain and hooked it up but the farmer jurked the chain , suddenly the fh climbed up on its own , which my uncle thought was very strange ! ,untill he looked in the mirror  ::) 29 ton of feed on the floor  :D::) it had ripped the bolts clean out of the body  ::) lucky it was on concrete not a stone yard  :-[:D then the farmer said "well it isnt quite were i wanted it"  :D :D ::)

What a good read that was Rich.  :D

Passed one of the dump trucks on the way back to the wieghbridge, they have a fleet of Komatsu and CAT trucks.

Also, Humphrey the water cannon drove past. .. windows up!!  8)

post-227-132638818952_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638818956_thumb.jpg

Got a pic of the big shovel parked up too, I think I have a photo of me stood under one of these in Oklahoma City and even for a Hobbit, they are massive.

Another 980G or H shifting stone with a dumper.

post-227-132638818969_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638818973_thumb.jpg

After tipping the stone down on the A3 in Surrey again it was round to Erith, near Dartford to reload rape meal. Another place where the lorry drivers load themselves via two outlets which you move from one end of the trailer to another. Here are the lorries waiting to load, including foreign reefers to take away the rape oil packeaged up for the consumer/next in the chain of processing.

My truck to the left under the hoppers along with another chaps Scanny.

post-227-132638819012_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638819016_thumb.jpg

Loading the rape meal. Again, very light stuff and for a 29t load it has to be heaped up to the clouds. Then to sheet you have to nail the lorry forward and hit the brakes hard, same in reverse two or three times to level the load. After that you hopefully get the sheet over and strap it down. ::)

post-227-13263881902_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638819024_thumb.jpg

Gad I got there and in and out when I did, look at the queue of empty bulkers!! They close on Thursdays and Fridays for shipping meal out so Wednesday is always chocca in there by all accounts.

post-227-132638819027_thumb.jpg

Back into the quarry after tipping the meal in Yeovil at Pen Mill Feeds. Two 980's wait to load a Komatsu dump truck. A Hino under the bin for loading another product, usually dust.

post-227-132638819031_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638819035_thumb.jpg

The following week (last week) I get a days only workload. Scania R470 Opticruise 6x2 tag axle with a STAS half pipe trailer with leading life. Hell of an outfit, it wieghed in empty at 13.5t!! Leaving an easy target payload of 30t. The truck was nice, if the trailer had a tak lift you'd get this thing in anywhere. opticruise is a horrd gearbox in my opinion but she really did pull well.

Work load was hauling sand/grravel/ballast from Latton and Kempsford to a bagging plant just down the road, to a concrete plant in Devizes and to a Bardon Concrete plant up on the A38 just above the M50 at Upton on Severn. Nice little number really. Backloads out of Clearwell Quarry near the New Forest sometimes but other than that I ran back empty each time.

L150 loading me at Latton and tipping at the bagging plant.

post-227-132638819044_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638819049_thumb.jpg

And with a flukey meeting with marcus (MJB1) on the A417 just north of Cirencester that brings you guys up to date  :)

Next photos will be ag based with John Deere's, Bunning spreaders and JCB excavators  ;D8)

post-227-132638819054_thumb.jpg

post-227-13263881906_thumb.jpg

Cheers Mark, I've been offered jobs full time with pension, holiday, healthcare, good wages . . . . being self employed gives me so much freedom and variation though. Maybe I'll give in one day, who knows.

I wish I had the balls to do what you've done tris,I don't think being stuck in one place/job is good for young blokes.

You always seem to have plenty of work in the pipe line and your getting around the place. :)

Cheers Ol :)

Believe you me though there are rough times where you can be waiting for two or three payments at once. Worse still, work going quiet. Thankfully the agency driving has never lead to the above but I'm far far happier in the agri sector.

Well, last week was a start to the barley with a local farmer. Just two days to help on a longer haul with his 6420s. First time I have driven any of the 20 series and I have to say the 64 packs a punch. Comfy, powerful, pleasant to work in and nimble tractor too. That John Deere cab still doesn't account for a lunchbox to last the day though, for space they are just as bad as they ever were.

Here, the farmers TX42 is pushing on well through this years crop.

post-227-132638827813_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638827825_thumb.jpg

Tipping up in the shed, the grain was loaded into a lorry the following morning. Parked up for the night in another shed with the evening sun shining in. The farm, the machinery.. . it's immaculate. Hellof a place really. Nothing big and flash just everything in it's place and looked after. Even the West 2000 gets washed after every use!!

post-227-132638827953_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638827986_thumb.jpg

This was chasing away on the side of Salisbury PLain that day too. Never got any closer, this was full zoom from a mile away at least. Oh and another of the TX42 during dusk.

post-227-132638828009_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638828026_thumb.jpg

Archived