Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

Should be near Bath tomorrow but we will probab;y be rained off.  ::)

Got a spreader to wash anywya, it has started breaking up as the rollers were out of balance and caused vibration.. .. as the driver told management when it arrived  ::) ::)::)

sorry i didnt get down to you mate , looked at the map & thought about coming up through acton turville, but i think it's a 7.5 limit , & down to come up through castle coombe would have been a bit out me way , give me a ring when yer near somewhere to park me lorry for half hour & i'll rattle off some pics  :)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry i didnt get down to you mate , looked at the map & thought about coming up through acton turville, but i think it's a 7.5 limit , & down to come up through castle coombe would have been a bit out me way , give me a ring when yer near somewhere to park me lorry for half hour & i'll rattle off some pics  :)

i remember it was fun in a car around there let alone you in your lorry! ;):) :)

Turned up at Baydon near Aldbourne last week to start spreading but this baby was parked up and getting wet. Nothing to do here, bad organisation sending four spreaders, a slew and 5 men to a farm to be told to come back another day, preferably a dry one  ::)

post-227-132638835795_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638835807_thumb.jpg

So we moved down near Marlborough where it was too wet for the lorries to tip- so we sat there and watched them all morning incase they got stuck. Not that we had a chain or permission to push them with the excavator. ...

Hired in hookloader, first of the company's own bulk tippers. First load and the wheels are buried!!  :D :D

post-227-132638835829_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638835869_thumb.jpg

Well we got a bit done near Bath like I said, this MTX 155 was turning it over. Stopped to speak to the driver to make sure he was getting on ok and he couldn't have slated his tractor any more if he tried!!  :D :D He had 6910 and 7810 Deere's at his last place and was not looking forward to the T7060 which is to replace the MTX either. I think he had green blood ya know  ;) Anyway. .. It was puling 5f and a press untill it rained and then it stopped and spun so he packed up as did we. All of us got on ok the next day though.  :)

post-227-132638835902_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638835922_thumb.jpg

CX880 near Cirencester. Stopped to let traffic go by and hear the distinctive whistle, only this one had an echo. ..  there were two but the other was unloading out of sight at the bottom of the hill  :( Dust was terrible.

post-227-132638836021_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638836031_thumb.jpg

They're very good spreaders Nick. Heavy mind, 6.5t empty!! They spread lovely, no big lumps really. Wessex bought them based on the performance of a contractors machines. They don't always feed very well though, sludge can be quite a pain at times. Bunning are a top claas company to work for aswell. They can't help enough.

Trucks are 8x2 Erik with diff locks and cross locks between the axles. 12t empty, 32t loaded.

tris a question mate are all the spreaders you use vertical beater  as i see they make one with a horizontal beater with a canopy at the rear so the crap falls on to a set of spinning discs that spread the stuff

i am thinking about trying to make the same kind of thing for the wagon mounted spreader we have to improve the spread width

if you do use one how are the discs driven  Hyd or gear box also how fast do they spin and do they take quite a bit of power to spin them whilst unloading

Thanks  for help mate

nick

They are all twin vertical Nick which surprised me as Agrivert, CSG and Carcarc all did this job with TerraGators with Tebbe spreaders like you discribed.

Just heard the 7530's are leased and we are pushing to return them for 7930's. Get In!! 8)

Archived