Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last week it was the first load of hay of the year to Wales and then to the usual haunt for some tractors to bring back. Not had one of these before but Howardss thought they'd take a chance and see what it does. Flipping lovely little tractor, towed up the middle Belarus with it.

IMAG0295.jpg

IMAG0297.jpg

That was one long day again, just getting back in my hours. The next day it was Norfolk, near East Dereham to collect another smasher of a tractor, 8000hour, one farm from new, Ford 6600. Then back into Cambridge auctions again for the other three and night out at Bicester.

IMAG0299.jpg

Ran back into the yard Friday am and was unloaded by 8am, cuppa tea and a quick clean round the cab, windows and mirrors and then back out again up to Kingston Bagpuize in Oxon for these three, an orchard Fiat and two little McCormicks. Same place I picked up those old Dowdeswell ploughs and a Simba Toptilth some of you may remember,

IMAG0301.jpg

IMAG0302.jpg

It depends which one it sent you up as there's at least 3 different ways of getting there, one is HGV friendly, one is only HGV friendly for short spaces but very twisty with long narrow sections and interesting bridges and the other is an avoid at all costs route ;D. I would hazard a guess that you came via Swanton Morley on the second route I mentioned?

Nice update Tris,

80 loader on the Ford looks "different" I think there was a batch of ex army 1080's like that for sale a few years ago from Sweden :- The little Fiat 72 94 looks pretty tidy, did the 35/TL range evolve from them ?

Nice update Tris,

80 loader on the Ford looks "different" I think there was a batch of ex army 1080's like that for sale a few years ago from Sweden :- The little Fiat 72 94 looks pretty tidy, did the 35/TL range evolve from them ?

Could have been one of them, Mark. I wish I'd made a note of the markings now for interests sake. I don't know anything about the Fiat's, Mark I'm afraid :-

That's the one! Intersting bridges indeed. . .. and a badly placed church :laugh: But it certainly made the last part of the journey interesting anyway ^-^

If you think that church corner is bad now, you should have seen it before they altered the road there a couple of years back, it used to be about 3 feet narrower with 12 foot high hedges opposite the church :of I carted straw down there before the alterations were done, all between the bridges and the church had a really overgrown hedge on the Dereham bound side as well, think I left half the straw in it ;D ;D

Another load of hay to Wales last week saw a back load of tractors again, a 2640 came from a chap out Newcastle Emlyn/St Clares way and then back to our usual chap for the two 290's. Now the question is..... What engine has been put into the 2640. Cue Marky!

IMAG0331.jpg

IMAG0332.jpg

IMAG0333.jpg

Another trip last week, bit of a multi drop load for a change. The little Pug went into Sheerness. I had a topper, a set of discs, a corn planter and a 4 disc plough that went to a lorry dealer for one of their export customers, at East Tilbury and then around the corner to an African shipping company to deliver a 3 disc plough. Then up to Cheffins to drop off the little Fiat for collection by another dealer and I loaded up with Masseys for the return. Two 165's and a 590 for the yard and 290 with a loader for another person we were just hauling it back for.

IMAG0343.jpg

IMAG0344.jpg

Some nice old iron there mate... 2640.... at a guess mate... that's an AT6.354.4 from an MF855 combine.... 158hp if that's the case

I thought the same but visualised a 750 :) But thought some filters redundant there.

Another load of hay to Wales last week saw a back load of tractors again, a 2640 came from a chap out Newcastle Emlyn/St Clares way and then back to our usual chap for the two 290's. Now the question is..... What engine has been put into the 2640. Cue Marky!

IMAG0331.jpg

IMAG0332.jpg

IMAG0333.jpg

seeing the sticker on the bonnet makes me think that that tractor came from a local estate in dorset they had one very similar it powered the spearhead 6m topper possibly it may be the same one that had a combine engine from an old 865 so that would tally with mr marks presumption!

You are all quite correct, flipping know-it-alls!! Farmer loved the old girl, foraging, power harrowing with a 4m unit, she was quite a tractor, he did the engine himself. Even Rich is right too, you up that way are you?

can't be an 865... that was only fitted with an AV8.540... I think the 860 (and 865 without the additional cascade seperator.. sold in VERY small numbers) also had the Perkins 6

same backend as a 2720 of course... so shoud be capable of taking the power increase.. quite some tractor that I would imagine.. but still slow as hell on the road

Archived