Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also liked the pub lunch, Barry :P

Pat, I did go back to the M62, from Pocklington back to a roundabout with a Little Thief on it (where I parked up overnight beforehand), turn right and headed home. I went past a yard just before getting on the motorway with about seven NH TX, CX, CR combines and a similar amount of Richard Western spreaders??

Ahh you went to shiptonthorpe then through holme on spalding moor, theres 2 ways to Howden from Pocklington, we are on the other one.

The combines are Frank Martisons, they hire most of the combines out over summer, but do quite a bit of contracting. They run a fleet of MF's as well, quite a set up really

I wondered if it was a dealer or a contractor or something, Pat. Yes that's the way I went, names all ring a bell.now. I went to a stag do up there before, a friend of mine lives in Beverley. Very pretty town and Pocklington is on the bus route to York which we got, pretty little village too. It's a lovely area up there, Pat.

Chris, parts I think. The groundworkers did have her firing on Easy Start but it wouldn't burst into life.

And then todays little jolly was down to Devon to a farm sale to pick up these two, a 135 which didn't want to start and a 590 which was in constant use up until sale day.

IMAG0894.jpg

IMAG0895.jpg

DSCN0211.jpg

Followed by a spot of lunch.

IMAG0896.jpg

way to much salad for me tris!!!

It was lovely, warm crusty baguette bursting with prawns and marie rose sauce, crunchy crisps and the salad had some lovely strong onions in it and a lovely drizzle of sauce, all washed down with a bitter shandy. Amen! Whiddon Down that was by the way.

It was lovely, warm crusty baguette bursting with prawns and marie rose sauce, crunchy crisps and the salad had some lovely strong onions in it and a lovely drizzle of sauce, all washed down with a bitter shandy. Amen! Whiddon Down that was by the way.

not far from me then tris

• 2 months later...

Fancy a catch up? Been a few months of business, even with the inclement weather there is enough to do to keep the hours rolling in during my 12wk full time stint, which next week comes to an end and the winter programme commences with the split weeks between Howards and the log yard.

So, first up a bit of June hay and the associated machinery.

Baler tractors this year were the 698T I use on the hedge trimmer and a 6160, both on the Markant 65's with flat eight Cooks sledges.

DSCN0214_zps3b12959b.jpg

DSCN0215_zps883198a0.jpg

My job was tedding out, normally every acres is turned twice. In some cases three times. I think by the end of the grass campaign the little 390 and Krone 4 rotor tedder has covered 500ac.

DSCN0217_zps532c93d1.jpg

Rowing up started with a 399 on the haybob....

DSCN0224_zpsa6871cde.jpg

..... which conked out and so a 390T 4wd replaced it.

DSCN0261_zps6aa6a949.jpg

I didn't get enough working photos for my liking as I was often two or three fields away out in front. Then once enough hay was spread I'd go on trailers one or two fields behind the balers. The fields are cleared immediately in most circumstances.

DSCN0228_zps6b7dd42f.jpg

DSCN0229_zpse09431a4.jpg

DSCN0248_zps87537c1d.jpg

This 290 had an after market turbo fitted and sounded sweet. Ask Marky! I sent him an audio clip of the turbo lag.

DSCN0249_zps697dc9ae.jpg

DSCN0250_zps55b1290e.jpg

One of the two same MF165 and Farmhand F11 loaders as last year which perform the field loading.

DSCN0251_zps31f47b71.jpg

The shed during the first couple of weeks. It is now full, as is another and three loads have already gone to Wales. Two loads of little bales and one load of big.

DSCN0219_zps7123d7ca.jpg

DSCN0266_zps1323f817.jpg

I couldn't resist a photo shoot of the two 390's either.

MF390 2wd Hi-Line three stick.

MF390T 4wd Lo-Line three stick.

IMAG0916_zpsc177ed22.jpg

DSCN0255_zps6bbd4e55.jpg

DSCN0254_zpsef4c13dc.jpg

DSCN0252_zpsd865ddbb.jpg

Another trip in the rigid down to Gunnislake in Cornwall to pick up a pretty rough 3080 and a 16spd 'box as well as a 690 engine, gearbox and back axle. The farm had all sorts of bits of Masseys in corners, nettles, sheds. The workshop was home to just about everything and anything. A 3000 series cab, industrial Ford bonnet panels, buckets and tubs of nuts and bolts, gearboxes, all manner of tools, fencing stuff. ... none of it in any order!

DSCN0271_zps04a1cf58.jpg

DSCN0272_zpsb88a357a.jpg

DSCN0273_zps5f2e29bd.jpg

Nice to see an update Tris, glad you took some pics during your busy schedule. Are the MF's a selection of "better" ones that you go out to collect - are they destined for export after this season ?

Nice to see a Fordy, whats the story with that one ?

First load of spring barley straw down to Tiverton to a dairy farm and a family friend.

DSCN0274_zps8c828dad.jpg

DSCN0313_zpsffacb2b6.jpg

And a back load from three different places. Bit of a squeeze but I got'em on!

DSCN0315_zpsbb07b1bc.jpg

This lovely Deutz was in the yard where the Seddon tipper came from, main job was on a dust supression tanker.

IMAG0942_zps576e623e.jpg

Nice to see an update Tris, glad you took some pics during your busy schedule. Are the MF's a selection of "better" ones that you go out to collect - are they destined for export after this season ?

Nice to see a Fordy, whats the story with that one ?

Thanks Mark, there are plenty more to add but I will leave them for tomorrow as there is a bed upstairs which if I am not quick enough, the dog will be in! :D

Yes, the 390 2wd was already sold and has since been shipped. The 698T as I say, is the hedgetrimming tractor and the rest are just pulled from the yard as long as they start on the key basically. The Ford was a beauty, hand painted but none the less, a lovely looking old thing. I don't know where it came from as another haulier brought it in but sadly is had already left for Thailand :(

Thank you Paul and Chris :)

Paul with Plymouth behind you heading out of Gunner, there is a school on the left and just opposite a lane with a one way in and one way out triangle, it was down that lane, first farm on the right just as the houses end.

Chris, yes it is a Sankey. Seem to be the more popular cabs on the 200 series I see pass through the yard.

Archived