UH Amazone Spreader

After finally getting my hands on one of these, I have to say that the model is even better close up than it is in the pictures :)

1. Overall the model is very good and accurate to the real thing, the hopper is actually plastic on these and not made from metal

2. The inside of the hopper is very accurate with mesh screens in, although the sheet would only go halfway back on this one and I don't want to force it as the linkage isn't overly strong

post-334-132638610997_thumb.jpg

post-334-13263861123_thumb.jpg

3. Front end detail is again high on this model, all hose's are present including ones for air brakes. I would guess that this model is based on one with a hydraulic pto drive though as there is no shaft between the front of the machine and the tractor ::) The steps do fold as well and the stand is able to move up and down

4.Steps in down position

post-334-132638611237_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638611239_thumb.jpg

5. The detail round the back is also excellent with discs, safety rails and even the border spreading attachment on the left disc all in place. Lights are made of clear plastic as well and not just painted on.

6. Looks just right behind the Uh Valtra C, although in attaching in I did find one small problem.........the hole in the drawbar isn't big enough to drop over the towing pin on this tractor, whether it's a one off or a common thing though I don't know :-\

post-334-132638611243_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638611246_thumb.jpg

Overall I think I'd have to give this model 9/10 due to the sheet and towing pin problem, a pto shaft wouldn't go a miss either. Despite all of this though it's still a very good model for the money and I'd recommend it to anyone ;D

Hi Gav. A very good write up about this model here. I was thinking the lack of a P.T.O. shaft could mean this spreader is like the old Taskers Ferti spread machines. They had a hydraulic motor driven disc and the fert metering was done by a land drive based system. Maybe this machine uses similar old fashion technology in a new product   :) Will need to check one out at next weeks Highland Show if I get down

It is a very nice model isn't it Gav......Was very pleased with mine...... :)

I agree with you on the subject of the hopper cover and also on my example the extending "foot" for putting down when it's unhitched is slightly loose......All in all an excellent model and well worth the wait to add it to my collection though...... :) :) ;)

i should think it has a direct drive off the back axle i havent seen a traled spreader

whit a pto

The Amazone ones are PTO driven, have seen one close up and checked with the sales leaflet on it ;):)

• 6 months later...