Graham's Work

graham

the robot that they are using is a gasgoigne one was only a few sold and i should think not many being used they was not very successful simon ,but they have got a lot better now i should think lely has market share at moment but the other milking machine manufactures are getting heavly involved ,westfalia are pushing them now . i would think they will become more popular with labour being hard to find but you must have the right mind set to make them work for you ,which must come hard at first if you have been milking twice a day for years  :o

yes i think lely are the one,s  ,  im quite interested in the idear as labour is non exsistent  anymore  i will have to see what milk price dose  as 23 pence is not an insentive to go and spend 180 grand on one  :D  but i think it,s the way forward i carn,t understand all these farmers putting in massive parlours  then having to find people to put in them  ::):o

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an update, the FH looks like a nice truck in itself but doesn't really catch the eye for an FH16. Bet it pulls from stand still to top gear in double quick time though with that big lump under the floor. Talk about sleeping giant.

The parlour is a bit of work, Graham. You guys do seem to do a top notch job going by the photos you post.

(Don't suppose you can get that 7810 in your pocket?  :-\ ;):)

Nice pics Graham do you fit mostly direct milk lines in now or do some people still have the dirt trap jars  :-\ :-\ :D :D :D

And boys that NC is either a 16 or maybe a 18 ton my mate just brought a 14 ton and its way smaller than this one plus you can just about make it on the front sticker half way up  ;) ;) ;)

thanks for comments everybody ,it is all direct to line for us simon i have only fitted one jar plant and that was mid eighties simon but that farm gave up milk 5 to 6 yrs ago ,

we started the big herringbone up yesterday and today we had the parlour we are working on at moment blessed by local vicar the farmer has known me since i was in short trousers so it was nice he gave a good speech before hand ,fouth generation on this farm and he thought it would be a good thing to do to celebrate milking cows at badlesmere court

DSCF4161.jpg

DSCF4163.jpg

DSCF4165.jpg

the church you can just see in last pic so they have been together for a long time farm and church

DSCF4164.jpg

more tea vicar :D

you sure he was there for a blessing or an exorcism,  i know some of those first calfed heifers can be real uppity devils at times  :D:)

seriously graham , to have the parlour blessed was a nice touch  really keeps a sence of worth & comunity in villages where often ties to the land are gone wether it's due to the parish being too big & having no regular service or like some of the villages round where i uase to live , simply no dairy farms anymore  one village used to have nearly 13 dairys in a 4 mile radius , no cows roam the fields just combines & potato harvesters  i think the only thing that gets publicly blessed now is the plough

Different, never heard of things like this being blessed but then I guess it is the link between the cow and natural nutrition for the rest ofus.

Bit of a boost for you guys too no doubt, Graham. Makes it all worth while when it is taken as well as this.  :) Genuine appreciation ranks closely to the value of a pay cheque sometimes.

• 1 month later...

new slurry pit 5mtr high concrete wall to build here where the water is in puddle that will be footing for wall

DSCF4253.jpg

DSCF4256.jpg

the bulk tank is huge by the van i have to leave it there it leaks more oil than the amoco cadize

DSCF4259.jpg

plenty of reinforcing

DSCF4260.jpg

DSCF4247.jpg

Archived