An interesting combination

farmernick06

Saw this over the fields again tonight, seemed a bit unusual and a bit different wondering what it was? Obviously a roller but not sure about the back?

Was preparing ground for more herbs to be planted  :) Will have a look for more herb equipment  :)

( Sorry for the quality of the first two pictures, i thought it was a German driver as he gave me a really evil look and the germans hate me with a vengeance over there )  :( :( :o It turned out it wasn't actually  :D

post-770-132638618775_thumb.jpg

post-770-132638618779_thumb.jpg

Saw this over the fields again tonight, seemed a bit unusual and a bit different wondering what it was? Obviously a roller but not sure about the back?

Was preparing ground for more herbs to be planted  :) Will have a look for more herb equipment  :)

( Sorry for the quality of the first two pictures, i thought it was a German driver as he gave me a really evil look and the germans hate me with a vengeance over there :( :( :o It turned out it wasn't actually  :D

Looks interesting there nick, but why do they hate you?

Im really not sure, theres like a kind of pecking order over there:

The english drivers with the 7920s, 7430s, 6920S, 6820s, etc etc,

The irrigation guys,  Germans.  John Deere 5720s or McCormick CX105,

Spare drivers with odd jobs like mowing same as above

Pickers Eastern european or Asian

And then one day the irrigation guys especially this fat german guy decided to hate me and everytime i walk past they give me really dirty looks and start talking in German when i walk by and laughing  >:( >:( Then lower than them just hate me anyway because .. well i don't know and then the English guys are alright but some get annoyed at me taking pictures  :-\

Im not too popular  :D :D

Im not sure if it's even that Nick, i don't take pictures of the irrigator guys they just .. dislike me  :D

Anway i am drifting off topic a bit, anyone know what the correct job is for it? Or is it just flattening the beds?

And can i ask why powerstar  :-\ :-\

Maybe they're doing something wrong if they don't like photos being taken ::) ::)::)

Mind you, you do get some who are just miserable :-\ Take them anyway untill you get told to stop ;D As long as you stay on the footpath ;)

Or shot at, but I'm sure you'll know if you're not wanted there Nick. ::):D;)

Thanks Belarusfan, thats my method so far. All on footpaths but lately the irrigation guys have been giving me dirty looks so i just give them a cheesy grin. I've not been told to stop or to go away ever and if i do i will.

And thanks for being so optimistic about my future Will  :D :D Don't think there that extreme  :) :)

one blooke down in my road in bexhill is a miserable git doesnt like anyone on his land even if you stay on the foootpaths,threatented to shoot a womens dog. anyway not sure what there doing, keep going with the good pics mate

one blooke down in my road in bexhill is a miserable git doesnt like anyone on his land even if you stay on the foootpaths,threatented to shoot a womens dog. anyway not sure what there doing, keep going with the good pics mate

I don't like people like that, deliberatly miserable. I steer clear of people like that but fortunately most of the drivers are around my Dads age so it's quite easy i find to interact with them if you get what i mean.

Thanks for the kind encouragement, really appreciate it  :) :) ;)

Thanks Belarusfan, thats my method so far. All on footpaths but lately the irrigation guys have been giving me dirty looks so i just give them a cheesy grin. I've not been told to stop or to go away ever and if i do i will.

And thanks for being so optimistic about my future Will  :D :D Don't think there that extreme  :) :)

Oh don't atke it personally, happens every day around here......infact I got one today and their dog! ::):D :D

• 2 weeks later...

when we were silageing one year at Fairlight Place farm with the JD 4650 & Mengele SH40N there was a lad sitting on his wall at the bottom of his garden at Coastguard cottages first time round watching us pick up 1st cut  so I gave him the thumbs up from my Ford 7600 trailering along side. When we turned back round for the next row he was still there and as we passed Trev flicked the spout up and blew him clean off the wall absolutely perfectly over top of my trailer!!  I doubled up, only to find Trev hadn't even seen him let alone done it on purpose! It was such a short sharp flick, instantly corrected, I was sure he'd done it on purpose, as we seldom spilt any grass.We got to know the lad quite well over the years and I believe he works at Plumpton College..Dave Hayes I think was his name.....probably still is  ;)::)

Fortuneately he fell back into his garden and not the nettles that were the field side.

when we were silageing one year at Fairlight Place farm with the JD 4650 & Mengele SH40N there was a lad sitting on his wall at the bottom of his garden at Coastguard cottages first time round watching us pick up 1st cut  so I gave him the thumbs up from my Ford 7600 trailering along side. When we turned back round for the next row he was still there and as we passed Trev flicked the spout up and blew him clean off the wall absolutely perfectly over top of my trailer!!  I doubled up, only to find Trev hadn't even seen him let alone done it on purpose! It was such a short sharp flick, instantly corrected, I was sure he'd done it on purpose, as we seldom spilt any grass.We got to know the lad quite well over the years and I believe he works at Plumpton College..Dave Hayes I think was his name.....probably still is  ;)::)

Fortuneately he fell back into his garden and not the nettles that were the field side.

Interesting story Nigel, sounds like a bit of bad luck really .. just goes to show how farm accidents can happen. Im definetly more aware of everything going on machinery wise, like a few years ago i would happily stand next to a topper in action, now i've come to reliase that things flick up etc ... but i feel im starting to know the drivers now. So thats good  :) :)