Pack houses and distribution

farmernick06

Somethings that interested me for a while now, hoping to incorporate some ideas onto my layout.

Just been out on my bike and a look around a few local farms as near as i could possibly get.

The first is like a distribution depot kind of thing M&S lorry had just pulled in, the trailer is underneath this machine that i dumping all the wasted materials from the packhouses  :)

post-770-132638619397_thumb.jpg

post-770-132638619404_thumb.jpg

go in and pretend you are looking for somewhere and when they ask whats the name of the place  give the address of the farm next door  ;) ;) :D;D

Spose i could do that Rich, wish it was that simple. At Barkers they wouldn't understand you ... all German  :o:( And the others today all walked round in hi-vis and if i said hello they would probably die in shock ..  :( :( I want to see what really goes on though, see how everything is packed would be very interesting  :-\

well blow me nicky fella  ??? ??? where the m&s lorry is i picked up salad leaves from there yesterday that is gedneys isnt it  , i got a bit lost first of all and went in barkers they told me were gedneys was them lorrys were in there then must of just missed you i was there about eight yesterday morning :o :o :o

nice pics Nick, you could get some from Marky of his mini version!! ;):) :) :)

Becareful though 'snooping' around farms/warehouses with cameras, you could get into all sorts of trouble even though its totally innocent, they may think otherwise ;) ;)

well blow me nicky fella  ??? ??? where the m&s lorry is i picked up salad leaves from there yesterday that is gedneys isnt it  , i got a bit lost first of all and went in barkers they told me were gedneys was them lorrys were in there then must of just missed you i was there about eight yesterday morning :o :o :o

Thats right Gednees Graham, i know Mr. Gednee quite well he promised me a job when im 16  :D :D Well thats just sods law mate, that would of been quite a coincidence. Im like 5mins from there so if your in the area again feel free to drop in  ;) ;) It's quite an unusual old place in there, with the cemetery next to it it gives me the creeps  :) :)

Yeah sorry Ben, i know im going to get in a lot of trouble one day but i know quite a few of the people so it should be alright but im more worried about being hit by something  :-\

Thats right Gednees Graham, i know Mr. Gednee quite well he promised me a job when im 16  :D :D Well thats just sods law mate, that would of been quite a coincidence. Im like 5mins from there so if your in the area again feel free to drop in  ;) ;) It's quite an unusual old place in there, with the cemetery next to it it gives me the creeps  :) :)

Yeah sorry Ben, i know im going to get in a lot of trouble one day but i know quite a few of the people so it should be alright but im more worried about being hit by something  :-\

yeah being hit i'm not sure on insurance as it could be considered as Tre-passing??, i'm sure if you let someone know what your doing and interests it may be better for you?

yeah being hit i'm not sure on insurance as it could be considered as Tre-passing??, i'm sure if you let someone know what your doing and interests it may be better for you?

Hmm yeah but where i took the pictures from where all footpaths, i didn't actually go into any of the premises, Gedneys is on a footpath, Barkers on a road and the last one on a footpath. So i don't know but if there is someone there i'll always tell them  :-\

And hmm i didn't know that  :o I knew that Barkers sold out a while back and are in a bit of trouble from rumours i've heard but didn't know about Gednee... hmm thats a shame  :-\

nick i think i will be in there next saturday again i will be doing the same run if you meet me there i will take you right in the place we will have a look round  8) 8) may be a bit early for you mate between 7 and 8 in morning

nick i think i will be in there next saturday again i will be doing the same run if you meet me there i will take you right in the place we will have a look round  8) 8) may be a bit early for you mate between 7 and 8 in morning

Sounds awesome to me Graham, i'll get up and that will be brilliant  :) :) If i give you my mobile sometime in the week i'll give you a call on Saturday  :) :) Thanks alot mate, never knew you did this line of work?