UH Quadrant 3400

i got the UH claas baler a couple of weeks ago, managed to get some half decent pics so thought id share. It really is a stunning model, superb detail... All the hosing is spot on, tiny little springs on the tailgate, a lot of detail all round. The panel at the top front opens to show some detail, albeit not very far and doesnt stay open. The only improvements i could see would be to have opening side panels, although that would make for a lot more detailing underneath which could be a challenge. Ive got plenty of pics so ill leave those to do the talking. 9.9/10

post-797-132638620914_thumb.jpg

post-797-132638620919_thumb.jpg

Universal Hobbies are the masters of fine detail when it comes to model making in 1:32 scale. They leave the other model manufacturers miles behind if not years behind. Maybe not the best at surviving the rigours of carpet farmers in a rush to get work done but these models are a collectors dream when put in cabinets and on shelves to be admired  ;D

Very nice pictures but that is a must have, toytrac hopefully ... Want the two Claas balers .. yum yum  :)

why not Spalding  :-\...or is both a little to much due to distance??

Great model and fantastic detail. I've learned a lot from being on this forum, and although my main interest is the sixties, seventies and eighties; I'm now starting to buy up to date equipment. I have my old collection of the sort of machines I grew up with and now starting to collect what I call my contractors fleet.

I would have liked to put some pictures on my post, but sadly my camera doesn't do close ups.

I really enjoy reading these appraisals as it's a great help when you are thinking of buying something; after all we don't want to waste our money on disappointing models,so my thanks to those of you who have taken the time to write a review. Cheers chaps  ;):)

I know that this is a model, but how well would it stand up to carpet farming?

I do love UH kit but have found with all that intricate detailing that bits tend to fall off with just handeling them for a look :-[

But they cant be beat and that baler would look sweet behind the xerion :-*;D

i must say that these are an EXELENT model

ClaasQuadrant1.jpg

ClaasQuadrant2.jpg

ClaasQuadrant.jpg

the only complaint is the back wheel barley touches the ground

i would also rate it at a 9.9/10

if u want 1 at a good price contact GAV he will do u a deal

cheers

Reece

• 2 weeks later...

got one coming as well only thing i noticed was that the real baler i have has the ladder on the side of the chamber and has no springs on the back door.thats what the prototype balers had but all the production ones i seen in the factory in france were the same as mine.but still a cracking model