Gama Claas Baler

britainswomble

Not so long ago on E bay there was a Gama, Claas Jaguar 80 SF forager for sale. As I understood it; the scale was 1/43rd which was sad, as I'd love one of them in 1/32nd scale, and have contemplated scratch building one if I could get hold of a sales brochure and some good pictures..

I've now seen a Gama Claas Markant baler for sale which I would like to buy; but don't know the scale of. Obviously I would desperately like to buy it if only I knew what the scale was. Ok, I could ask the seller; but he seems to be a plonker that knows nothing about them.

The point of this post is to ask, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT SCALE THE GAMA BALER IS, OR ARE ALL GAMA MODELS 1/43rd. Your replies will be greatly appreciated. Cheers buddies. ;):) 

GAMA mini models seem to be all 1:43 scale from what I can glean.  Georg Adam Mangold from Germany made them but does not seem to be in production anymore (he has no website that I can find) as most if not all the GAMA models being advertised are flagged as "out of production" and dated 1980's.

GAMA mini models seem to be all 1:43 scale from what I can glean.  Georg Adam Mangold from Germany made them but does not seem to be in production anymore (he has no website that I can find) as most if not all the GAMA models being advertised are flagged as "out of production" and dated 1980's.

The Claas Markant baler came out in the mid to late seventies, so your date would be about right. I have baled with a real Markant which is why I would like to buy a model one. If I remember correctly the Markant was a high density small square baler that had extra bale chamber clamps to make the bales tighter and heavier, which wasn't a problem as mechanical handling of bales was starting to become popular at the time. It also had an extra wide pickup  too.

The older Claas machinery was all very angular in shape, so maybe it would be possible to scratch build one. I'm getting rather frustrated that the models I want to buy either aren't available, or are in the wrong scale for my models. :(???;)

I have a few unboxed Gama Claas models in the basement. I have a conventional small-size square baler, (I would guess it's a Markant) a round baler, would guess a Rollant 62, maybe smaller and a forage wagon.

There is also a single rotor rake too.

I would say the balers and the rake are about 1:20 scale, definately not anywhere near 1:32 and the forage wagon is somewhere between, say, 1:25 scale  :-\

The square baler has a mechanism not a lot unlike the Britains balers that move 3 (provided) plastic square bales along above the pick-up area and into the bale chamber and out along an elastic band and out the back of the baler.

Very basic models but quite robust when used as toys I would expect.

Mine were horse-traded around half a dozen toy shows in Manitoba and Saskatchewan over a two-year period until I bought the bunch of them for around 12 quid, the lot, I think.

We also had a real Markant, super baler. Bought it used from a dealer for 80 quid, it worked perfectly, he said he just couldn't move it :-\ we used it for 3 years and sold it at our farm sale before coming to Canada for 450 quid.  :)        We won't talk about the white-washing we took on our 1 year old Leley Lotus tedder though  :'(

Short story though, my Gama models are all noticably bigger than 1:32 scale britainswomble.

I have a few unboxed Gama Claas models in the basement. I have a conventional small-size square baler, (I would guess it's a Markant) a round baler, would guess a Rollant 62, maybe smaller and a forage wagon.

There is also a single rotor rake too.

I would say the balers and the rake are about 1:20 scale, definately not anywhere near 1:32 and the forage wagon is somewhere between, say, 1:25 scale  :-\

The square baler has a mechanism not a lot unlike the Britains balers that move 3 (provided) plastic square bales along above the pick-up area and into the bale chamber and out along an elastic band and out the back of the baler.

Very basic models but quite robust when used as toys I would expect.

Mine were horse-traded around half a dozen toy shows in Manitoba and Saskatchewan over a two-year period until I bought the bunch of them for around 12 quid, the lot, I think.

We also had a real Markant, super baler. Bought it used from a dealer for 80 quid, it worked perfectly, he said he just couldn't move it :-\ we used it for 3 years and sold it at our farm sale before coming to Canada for 450 quid.  :)        We won't talk about the white-washing we took on our 1 year old Leley Lotus tedder though  :'(

Short story though, my Gama models are all noticably bigger than 1:32 scale britainswomble.

Many thanks for your interesting and informative reply. The more I look around for the implements and models I want; the more I think I may be heading off in the direction of having a go at scratch building some of them. I would like to try and build them to an accurate scale, so they look right on my tractors. Oh to have the skills of Anders Kolpen. I would build endless classics.  :(;):)