Deutz 2780 combine

nashmach

Just the one picture of the combine that my Dad is driving for a friend this year - it is a 1985 Deutz Fahr 2780. Its so good that is for sale this week if he gets enough for it :D. Thankfully since Saturdy night it hasn't stopped but every day before that we were stopped for at least 3 hours with dirty diesel, drum belt, a big V belt, a housing and a diesel lift pump :(. On Thursday night we had to go at 11pm to get spares for her. Overall though she is a nice drive if she stayed going and is well capable of cutting 6t of barley an hour. Nice visibility of the head too compared to a Laverda 152 i was up on during the weekend (sorry Scott) more pics of her to follow as I think they will be finished cutting before I go home again

post-105-132638643549_thumb.jpg

the farm i worked on use to have deutz topliner they had it for 5 years then got rid of it due to no dealer near so when it needed parts thay use to wait a long time

We have a decent spares supplier only 20 mins away whenever there open - main dealer is only 90 minutes away and best spares man in the country 60 mins away and a near 24hrs service :o also got 2 breakers about 90 minutes away also ;)

Shame on you

Just hang over the front of the laverda and you can see everything  but i bet it had a cab :-\

The deutz's are a decent combine, a neighbour swears by them    He's on his fifth i think  and not due to breaking them they just get bigger

They used to make the biggest one in europe if i remember correctly untill the likes of Claas's lexion came about with monsterouse header sizes

• 10 months later...

Update for the 2008 season - my friend has just brought home his latest immaculate purchase a 14ft cut 1988 Deutz Fahr 3580 with only 2000 hours on the clock ;D

Should go like a rocket compared to the 2780 :D :D