Discing w. a Valtra/ Valmet

farmernick06

Heres some pics of what i saw today, a Valtra/ Valmet discing with a press behind or a roll. Got lucky that the driver came out but didn't talk alot. A serious machine, didn't take it seriously to be honest first time i saw it but i have to admit i have a soft spot for it, it's a beast  :)

Enjoy, any questions feel free to ask  :)

IMG_3064.jpg

IMG_3065.jpg

IMG_3066.jpg

IMG_3068.jpg

IMG_3069.jpg

IMG_3070.jpg

IMG_3071.jpg

IMG_3072.jpg

IMG_3073.jpg

IMG_3074.jpg

what size is she? our neighbour had a 8750 a couple years ago in the same claas colour scheme, she looked well hooked up to a herron silage trailer  ;). there a very nice tractor to drive, my boss has an 8550 and with her long wheel base, wheel weights etc she runs lovely and smooth on roads probly just as good as his jd's and they have suspension!!!

draw backs to them is they are so long it makes it hard getting in and out of tight places, and they arent really great for trailer work, cos the hitches are located too far back underneath the tractor, so the backwheels getting caught in the draw bar very easily, seriously limiting the lock.

but saying that i do like them alot

what size is she? our neighbour had a 8750 a couple years ago in the same claas colour scheme, she looked well hooked up to a herron silage trailer  ;). there a very nice tractor to drive, my boss has an 8550 and with her long wheel base, wheel weights etc she runs lovely and smooth on roads probly just as good as his jd's and they have suspension!!!

draw backs to them is they are so long it makes it hard getting in and out of tight places, and they arent really great for trailer work, cos the hitches are located too far back underneath the tractor, so the backwheels getting caught in the draw bar very easily, seriously limiting the lock.

but saying that i do like them alot

Im not quite sure of size or anything mate, only a bystander didn't get much of a chance to look or have a chat with the driver. But they have two and she is the larger of the two. Only went in the smaller one and if it's anything to go by they are very good tractors. The farmers are certainly happy with them. I'll have to try and have a chat with the driver, the other guy that let me in seemed happy with it  :)

ya they do seem to perform well mechanically etc. we use ours for baling now and shes perfect for that, we dont really do much cultivation work around here but id imagine thats where these tractors would excel, id like to put our one flat lifting or something to test her out  :)

A farm down the road runs three Valtras, one in the same colour as this may be the same model they look extremely similiar but not sure. But those three are on baling, muck spreading, carting, raking, mowing. They seem to be very well suited for that kind of job. But this farm have two running on preparing ground for tatties and OSR and once again they seem suited, i think they are just a brilliant all round tractor  :-\ :)

he could be missing some but sometimes they take a couple out or are built with a bit of a gap so as to allow loose sticks or stones etc to become unblocked from the rollers. having the spacing too tight could make it too rigid thus it wouldnt turn properly or could break a disc when somthing gets stuck in them