Blue Ferguson

It was a model based on a "one off" tractor from Suffolk Sonny... in the good old days (WELL before I was born)... Fergies all came out grey (Henry Ford era... any colour so long as it's... well... Grey in Harry F's case)... so... most "estate farmers" in the UK had their own corporate livery - so a new tractor would go to the dealers in standard grey... and be re-painted by them into the specific colour requirement of the customer..

So that's the story.... It was commisioned by Darren King of Kings models...

he did kindly send me one for a favour I did him... wold you like to see a pic of it  ???

It was a model based on a "one off" tractor from Suffolk Sonny... in the good old days (WELL before I was born)... Fergies all came out grey (Henry Ford era... any colour so long as it's... well... Grey in Harry F's case)... so... most "estate farmers" in the UK had their own corporate livery - so a new tractor would go to the dealers in standard grey... and be re-painted by them into the specific colour requirement of the customer..

So that's the story.... It was commisioned by Darren King of Kings models...

he did kindly send me one for a favour I did him... wold you like to see a pic of it  ???

yes the one i asked for!  >:( >:(>:(

This Fergie 'Estate' T20 is a cracking model, all due credit to the instigator of the model and to the manufacturer for the hard work and attention to the detail.

As has been said in a previous topic of discussion that included some comment on it there have been some questions as to the 'uncertainty' of some aspects surrounding it. Firstly, how many were actually produced? Answer, 975.  Secondly, Are they all individually numbered. Answer, no. They are all supposed to be individually numbered under the gearbox but some are blank. The ones that are blank are supposed to come with a paper 'certificate' with the details of the model and a unit number. The ones that have been supplied to some dealers that I know have been sent to them in boxes of 6 and a corresponding number of these certificates supplied in a seperate envelope. This has meant that the dealers have had to open up every model and check as to wheather or not the individual models are numbered underneath. If not, then a paper certificate has had to been inserted in the box with the model. This may have been an oversight by the manufacturer but the dealers and customers alike are not particularly happy with this arrangement.

The third and final question was that of the price. The importers, Creative Masters, were initially advertising them upon release for ?49.99p plus post and packing or ?62 I believe if you wanted to have a perspex display case with it.      At this present time I know that they are available, while stocks last, from certain model dealers for ?45 plus the postage.

I would suggest to anyone looking to obtain one that you would be advised to ask the seller to check that the model is either numbered underneath or that there is a 'certificate' included in the box.