Drilling October 07!.....Round FW's Joint!!!

FW

Here's a few pictures from where I went out on saturday afternoon to find my Grandad in Northall (which is inbetween Leighton Buzzard and Dunstable), who was mole-draining on the MX150, however I wasn't sucessful as he'd moved on. Still had a good poke about though. Will get a few better pictures next week when I'm down there, but here's a few for now............. ;)

Models015.jpg

Models016.jpg

Models017.jpg

Models018.jpg

Models021.jpg

Looks like Heriwood to me, though could be Solstice, would have asked but they were pressing on.........

Models022.jpg

Models024.jpg

I knew he'd post pretty sharpish!! Jase is right though, what year/hours it is Will?

Yeah she is smart. They bought her new on an M' reg with a new Dowdeswell 7 furrow plough, so dating it a 95 then I guess. 4000 hours on the clock aswell, but generally imaculate throughout. ;)

She's barely worn in then!!! Is the plough still about too?

Sure is Tris, has 14 inch furrows, but he now wants a 12 inch 7 furrow for the valtra, just means it'll be able to cope with the soil a bit better. ;)

Brilliant pictures there will

Out of curiosity why 7 furrows on 12 inches seems stupid to me why not buy a 5 furrow or 6 furrow out at 18 inches + cover alot more land due to quicker headlands and be able to have it on alot bigger tyres etc :-\ :-\

Out of curiosity why 7 furrows on 12 inches seems stupid to me why not buy a 5 furrow or 6 furrow out at 18 inches + cover alot more land due to quicker headlands and be able to have it on alot bigger tyres etc :-\ :-\

Your such a chav!!!  :D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

If you're on heavier land the smaller 12 inch furrows will create smaller lumps making for easier seedbed preparation, whereas big 18 inch ones create hard to knock up horses heads making seed bed preperation at best hard and costly, at worse impossible ;)

If you're on heavier land the smaller 12 inch furrows will create smaller lumps making for easier seedbed preparation, whereas big 18 inch ones create hard to knock up horses heads making seed bed preperation at best hard and costly, at worse impossible ;)

That reads like a text book Gav! ::):D :D

nope, just several years experience ploughing some very heavy clay :D :D ::)

Never mind you on your plough!......what about the poor bugger on the power harrow who can't stay in his seat?!!!! :D:);)

Makes sense just wondering thats all as were on 20 inche furrows and not to many problems but then we DONT plough our heavy land and that must be why, learn something new every day cheers mate :) :)

Agree with you there will what about poor bloke behind plough spent alot time this summer bangin me head on rough ploughing :D :D

Too right, pulled down several wide furrow fields over-wart for sugarbeet in the past few years, now that is rough, believe me :o :o  We found that 16 inches was about right across the board, thats about as wide as is sensible on a Lemken plough, gives a nice level finish both above and below the ground ;)