Speedway Scaledown

BGU

In the Model World section of the November Issue of "Tractor" is an article about a Scaledown Fordson E1A Diesel major that was painted up in the exact colours of the one used at the Eastbourne Eagles Arlington stadium.

It looks really cool!! 8)

It was presented to Roy Prodger, an ex-speedway rider, who now helps prepare the track.

It's worth a look!! Don't want to copy the pictures from the mag as it will breach copyright!

In the Model World section of the November Issue of "Tractor" is an article about a Scaledown Fordson E1A Diesel major that was painted up in the exact colours of the one used at the Eastbourne Eagles Arlington stadium.

It was presented to Roy Prodger, an ex-speedway rider, who now helps prepare the track.

It's worth a look!! Don't want to copy the pictures from the mag as it will breach copyright!

i will just have to buy the mag just to read that bit

• 9 months later...

I'll get Marky to post them up, only just found this topic!

• 3 weeks later...

right......it's too wet for the Eagles to thrash Wolves tonight, shame the rain couldn't have kept off for another 5 hrs, we've had 6 hrs dry today 11-5pm, but been raining ever since.

So some of you know the tractor, it's not in original Empire blue but in the blue and yellow that seems to adorn a lot of things at the Arlington Stadium. The model is basically our No. T9 early '50s Fordson Diesel Major but with custom wide mudguards covering the 16.9,14 X 30 worn rear tyres (roughed-down on the lathe) and lorry tyres on the front and a Power Major exhaust. The real tractor lost its badges a long time ago but our model sports the etched nickel/silver items that we make for all the models that had thick polished alloy badges in real life.

The red shale base is a piece of a belt sander item, which I thought was very appropriate rather than a grass surface.

Thanks for posting up Marky, painful though it must have been.. ::);)

I bet your inbox is full up with orders from Marky trying to get his grubby mits on one of those crackers eh Nige  :D

The wide tyres and custom orange mudguards really really looks superb  :-*

With regards to the wide tyres and mudguards could they be made available for your greatest Sales rep (JDC) to build ?

Pretty please....I want I want I want

SCALEdown are the best  :-*