tractors or teleporters

KIWINZ

what do you use on the clamp?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. what do you use on the clamp?

• tractor and buckrake
    • teleporter
    • loading shovel

Depends if your a farmer or a contractor.

Some farmers who have smaller pits can't use a loading shovel as they're too heavy and push the side walls out. A loading shovel can push well, but take a Fendt 926 for example with duals thats some power and grip. Also a loading shovel is too tall for indoor pits. Both have their pro's and cons, A loading shovel being articulated can push at further angles and in to corners more. Their are endless arguments.

I've Used a Matbro and a Tractor with Buckrake and definately prefer the later!!!

With the tractor you can fill pits better, especially right out to the front with steep ramps, whereas the Matbro just didn't want to know.

The Matbro is oil driven so your reving her most of the time and seem to get no-where, fuel consumption better on a tractor.

The only down side to a tractor is a Stiff neck with rear mounted buckrake.

my thoughts anyway

cheers

Noel

I've Used a Matbro and a Tractor with Buckrake and definately prefer the later!!!

With the tractor you can fill pits better, especially right out to the front with steep ramps, whereas the Matbro just didn't want to know.

The Matbro is oil driven so your reving her most of the time and seem to get no-where, fuel consumption better on a tractor.

my thoughts anyway

cheers

Noel

what matbro did you have ? as our old matbro ts 280 was alot better than the 7610 we had on the buckrake  :-\ and saying that the matbro was better at climing the clamp than the brand new manitou  :-[

my thoughts anyway

cheers

Noel

front mounted buckrake

this is the one our local contractor uses he came in the other day to do the maize

6820 with dules and abult buckrake

first tralier still coping

DSC00592.jpg

close up

DSC00600.jpg

kept up with 3 of these and on short haul

DSC00598.jpg

even till the end

DSC00601.jpg

sitting and waiting

DSC00596.jpg

not a small chopper to keep up with either

DSC00594.jpg

Where were these pics? Looks like a true JD man?

I would have to go for a Tractor and Buckrake with push off, you also need to think about the amount of wear on the tilt sections of a shovel flicking and shaking all that grass. Too much oil in those machines.

Plus a tractor can be used for the rest of the year, you need some serious work for a shovel  :P;D:D;)

Where were these pics? Looks like a true JD man?

I would have to go for a Tractor and Buckrake with push off, you also need to think about the amount of wear on the tilt sections of a shovel flicking and shaking all that grass. Too much oil in those machines.

Plus a tractor can be used for the rest of the year, you need some serious work for a shovel  :P;D:D;)

precisely my piont!!!

The contractor I done maize with last year used a shovel on the clamp, whilst not on silage it was out with a muck spreading gang. Always a buck rake on grass and a bucket on maize clamps ;)

Pictures here:

Grass

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=10659.0

Maize

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=11355.0

shovel is the way to go, theres no time wasted pushing up loads keeps things going when your flat out, compaction is second to none. the guy who drives ours at pit is unreal on it, ive no pictures taken off the finished pits but if you saw them they are like a work of art.  i wouldnt imagine wear and tear to be so bad with the flicking because in the hands of a good operator he doesnt have to flick too much, a shovel loading earth or rock or whatever would be alot worse.

if you are only a small contractor or farmer i could see how buying a shovel might not be worth it for the limited amount of work there but then again saying that my bosses one who owns a medium sized contracting outfit is busy 70% of the year doing, silage, muck, land work, site work etc etc theres always jobs coming up for it. all contractors around here anyway have shovels as do any of the farmers who cut there own  ::) except for one 50hx as i said earlier by one farmer.

shovel is the way to go, theres no time wasted pushing up loads keeps things going when your flat out, compaction is second to none. the guy who drives ours at pit is unreal on it, ive no pictures taken off the finished pits but if you saw them they are like a work of art.  i wouldnt imagine wear and tear to be so bad with the flicking because in the hands of a good operator he doesnt have to flick too much, a shovel loading earth or rock or whatever would be alot worse.

if you are only a small contractor or farmer i could see how buying a shovel might not be worth it for the limited amount of work there but then again saying that my bosses one who owns a medium sized contracting outfit is busy 70% of the year doing, silage, muck, land work, site work etc etc theres always jobs coming up for it. all contractors around here anyway have shovels as do any of the farmers who cut there own  ::) except for one 50hx as i said earlier by one farmer.

That is so true, the stack we had done with a loading shovel is ROCK solid, i have never seen a tractor do one this solid, Only thing ive seen match it is a bulldozer ;)

Why dont most of the people over your way have push off on the loading shovel buckrakes? Personly it makes it so much faster and easyer, just my oppion

The contractor I done maize with last year used a shovel on the clamp, whilst not on silage it was out with a muck spreading gang. Always a buck rake on grass and a bucket on maize clamps ;)

Pictures here:

Grass

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=10659.0

Maize

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=11355.0

No bucket picture....  ::)