!/32 Wheels

MB Trac

Question

I am currently making some prototype wheels 1/32 scale, hopefully for sale but i am looking for a good caster for both resin and whitemetal. Does anyone know of a good one. I am hoping to produce wheels for sale if it is possible to fond a good caster.

Thanks, Brian

It depends on size about 1400 euro plus cnc software and to do 3d work you need 3d software and a 3d modelling package i use bob cad and solid works, autocad filou nc and mach 3 before ya get to do any machining ha! You could pick up a nice mill on ebay for alot less from time to time but where i worked the machine i was operating cost 1.5 million so the sky is the limit

It's all an interesting concept this but I think your time would be better invested in things other than wheels, which can be copied easily by anyone with half a brain cell and a bit of knowledge.

You need to be looking along the lines of cabs, floorpans, bonnets and the likes with the equipment you have at your disposal.  ;)

At the moment only getting set up but really anything is possible there tricky machines to get set up rite bonnets is a big possibility and floor pans just getting ideas at the mo but i would hope to make wheels that are different from those taken off shelf models

Very good MB.  I have had the same though but would only do the design of them.  Where are u from?  I am interested in having 1/64th wheels done too for combines and 4wd tractors here in america.  I use solidworks as well.  I havent had time to design a wheel but I need to.  Im also interested in 1/32 wheels for american 4wd tractors that use the treleborg's and stuff.  Keep us posted.  u should be able to import a pro-e file with little problems.

Its a program just like solidworks.  The guys that started the solidworks company used to work for the company that made Pro-E.  I find solidworks alot easier to use, and it imports drawings from most major other companies including autocad.  Anyway. IF I can help with drawings let me know.  I know autocad like the back of my hand.  I use it daily at work so I can try and help you with set up. 

MB would you mind PMing me your email address.  I have several wheel projects I would like to do.  Some in 1/32 scale and a couple in 1/64th scale.  That would be great.

Thanks

Dusty