dowdswell plough pics

Tractorman810

guys

sorting an order out to go with my up coming mf1250,but for the life of me can't remember what model the plough actually was, it was dowdswell for sure,  was a 4 furrow with an extra furrow added, 3 point mounted with a steel depth wheel, that just span over by its self as the plough turned,anyone know what it may be dp1 or 2 rings a bell, want to get it right as its going on a very special mocel to me

cheers

guys

sorting an order out to go with my up coming mf1250,but for the life of me can't remember what model the plough actually was, it was dowdswell for sure,  was a 4 furrow with an extra furrow added, 3 point mounted with a steel depth wheel, that just span over by its self as the plough turned,anyone know what it may be dp1 or 2 rings a bell, want to get it right as its going on a very special mocel to me

cheers

DP1s are for on-land like the one we make for the Track-Marshalls. DP2s are double-offset for the likes of big Artics. DP7's had discs on all furrows for in the furrow with tyred wheel and the front discs for both bodies mounted on the headstock. DP8's only had discs on rear furrow with metal wheel. Other than that I'll have to dig out my brochures which actually this time are in a place I can find tomorrow.

DP1s are for on-land like the one we make for the Track-Marshalls. DP2s are double-offset for the likes of big Artics. DP7's had discs on all furrows for in the furrow with tyred wheel and the front discs for both bodies mounted on the headstock. DP8's only had discs on rear furrow with metal wheel. Other than that I'll have to dig out my brochures which actually this time are in a place I can find tomorrow.

cheers nigel, think it may well have been a dp1, if my uncle would answer the dam phone i would be able to confirm this :D :D :D :D :D although the dp8 could be a possible???? meatl wheel on it for sure, it made a hell of a noise as it span over as the plough turned

cheers nigel, think it may well have been a dp1, if my uncle would answer the dam phone i would be able to confirm this :D :D :D :D :D although the dp8 could be a possible???? meatl wheel on it for sure, it made a hell of a noise as it span over as the plough turned

My brother was designing ploughs for dowdeswell right up to the time they closed, I also had two other friends who designed there but they have all moved to Thwaites designing - Just to confirm (if I can remember what he said!)  the DP1 and 2 were on land ploughs as nigel ford said, my brother agrees it sound like the DP7 or 8 - I do remember him saying that steel wheel is not a tell tale sign as they made them with tyres also. he says do you have a picture? :)