Siku and an unusual purchase on E-Bay

Toluc3

Hi

My name is Tom Lucas, not in farming, but in construction, 64 years young. I live in a small town in Central Scotland, Denny. Its buried in the farming community of the area, much has rubbed off over the years. anyway, my introductory post is about an anomoly, Bought from E-Bay, a miss-boxed Siku MF. Box showed a MF 4270, box contained a MF 5355, I asked a certain member of the Forum for assistance, and I thank her for her help. But it turns out this model was for Africa as no 5355s were produced for the uk market. Ok my question?? does the 5355 equate to the 4270, similar machine, but for a different market.

Why do I collect?? ok, goes back a few years, Have 2 girls, when they were young, each Saturday, it was a wee treat, choose an animal, gradually we built up a collection, all Britains. as time moved on they were packed away and kinda forgotten. Now, thanks to my Elder I have a grandson, What I collect is for him, to play with and pass on to the next generation.

Interesting, sorry I can't help you but I know a lot of guys here will be able to assist you, I just want to welcome you to the forum.  Glad to see another collector my age, Im a Yank so don't know much about Britains......

Welcome on the forum Thomas. I hope you have a good time on here. Which part of the USA do you live if i may ask?

Texas

Hi

My name is Tom Lucas, not in farming, but in construction, 64 years young. I live in a small town in Central Scotland, Denny. Its buried in the farming community of the area, much has rubbed off over the years. anyway, my introductory post is about an anomoly, Bought from E-Bay, a miss-boxed Siku MF. Box showed a MF 4270, box contained a MF 5355, I asked a certain member of the Forum for assistance, and I thank her for her help. But it turns out this model was for Africa as no 5355s were produced for the uk market. Ok my question?? does the 5355 equate to the 4270, similar machine, but for a different market.

Why do I collect?? ok, goes back a few years, Have 2 girls, when they were young, each Saturday, it was a wee treat, choose an animal, gradually we built up a collection, all Britains. as time moved on they were packed away and kinda forgotten. Now, thanks to my Elder I have a grandson, What I collect is for him, to play with and pass on to the next generation.

Anyone else get a smell?? :D :D :D

welcome to ftf thomas were did have this discussing about the mystery siku tractor a few days back, i think the general consensus was its a similar size tractor to the 4270 as you sggested, our resident fergy nutter, marky was looking into it so we should know soon

Hi and thanks for the welcome in, To answer one question, afraid Ime Scots, and proud to be. I've been a construction manager now since 75, both in construction and heavy civils. You name it, and Ive probably built it. I was brought up in the middle of the mid-Scottish farming belt, mainly dairy, but a few arable. A war baby, like many in here, we grew up to realise what life was and meant to the local farmer. Times move on, and so does the farming industry. This year, travelling to work, the fields of wheat are everywhere, with China and India opening up new markets, it looks good for our farmers. Prove me wrong, as a stupid outsider  ;D