Newby to customs...HELP

countrynut

Question

So I want to try a little bit of customizing, haven't done any before :o So where do I start? Here's a few questions I need answrred like:

What do you use if you want to put on say mirrors or flasher bars or something like that to a tractor? Glue? What works?

I have a 1/64 Case IH 7130 I want to try and custom....what could I do to customize it? Tires? Mirrors?

How do you know what tires will work or what not?

Obviously I didn't grow up on a big farm driving tractors, but I've grown up around them, worked on a farm feeding cavles one winter...and I love farm machinery. ;D

Any and all help is appreciated!! Thanks!

4 answers to this question

havnt tried any custom work on 1/64 models ,but i guess its the same as 32nds i normally do

mirrors beacons ect are always a good starting point, usally normal superglue will suffice fixing them to the model, does sometimes help if you drill a small pilot hole the same size as the rod attaching the part, just gives a better area for the glue to make to

tyres ect in that scale ,well i dont know where to look for those i must say, but its a big scale in the states so maybe one of our american members could help with sites/shops for that sort of thing, sure the bits are out there just not sure where

good luck

My suggestion would be to go over to Toy Tractor Times and pull down the "links" section and then check out Moores equipment or Moores supplies I will do some research for you and get by to you with more information but start in TTT and also check out the 1/64 section.......or the custom section