Rc Man lorry 1/32

MB Trac

Just got 1 today, very nice model, hard to turn down even with the price, lots of power to pull even with large models on the trailer excellent detail all round lots of conversion possibilities just a large price to pay. Steering lock is excellent great job siku, images only from a camera phone not the best quality will take better ones. Gonna have to scratch biuld a tipper trailer for beet or grain i think  ;D

post-93-132638685103_thumb.jpg

post-93-132638685107_thumb.jpg

looks good!!!.....but still at that price its a no for me!! :( :'(.....bring on the Non RC one please ;D ;D ;D
Same here Ben, I won't be having one for certain. As soon as the non r/c version comes out I'll be having some!! Will hope to make a few trailer variations too.

Just got 1 today, very nice model, hard to turn down even with the price, lots of power to pull even with large models on the trailer excellent detail all round lots of conversion possibilities just a large price to pay. Steering lock is excellent great job siku, images only from a camera phone not the best quality will take better ones. Gonna have to scratch biuld a tipper trailer for beet or grain i think  ;D

i want send it to me it looks great

Hey Mb trac,

can xyou maybe tell us the tropic of the Truck? Is it compareable with the other Siku RC Tractors?  :-\

The truck steers, lights ans flashing beacons work on the cab. The trailer lowers and raises both the tailboard and the jacks and the truck can disconnect from the trailer all via the radio control.  The trailer lights work and it also has hazzard lights. The truck has an ezcellent turning circle and easily pulls a combine loaded on the trailer. Scale is perfect great accessory to a layout would look great with a tipper trailer, the lorry also has a hitch to attach implements just a plastic one. All the rc tractors easily drive onto the trailer same radio controls very similar i think siku are making an rc boggie to pull the lorry trailer behind a tractor some pics of one in the manual that came with the truck to allow tractors to pull truck trailers. 

Few more pics second baler for the summer rush  ;D

post-93-13263868598_thumb.jpg

post-93-132638685983_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Same here Ben, I won't be having one for certain. As soon as the non r/c version comes out I'll be having some!! Will hope to make a few trailer variations too.

Same here hurry up siku and bring the non RC model out ,I wonder how much it will be have you guys any idea cost for it ?

Same here hurry up siku and bring the non RC model out ,I wonder how much it will be have you guys any idea cost for it ?

nope not yet?, i think its only been assumed hasnt it that there will be one??, i cant remember now if it was ever confirmed there is one coming??? ??? ???.....unless i was dreaming it?? :-\ :-\ :-\

any one else got proof!??

No I've not seen confirmation that there going to be one either Ben.  Suspect if there is it may be 2009 before its released.  Also not seen a price for the Lowloader trailer or dolly yet that is on the 2008 releases sheet.  Think the price of this may indicate the possible price of the truck when (and if) its announced.

I'm pretty confident non r/c versions are coming. I was planning a go at resin casting, with the aim to produce trailers for Siku/Newray units, I was advised not to by someone very much in the know for this reason. So I'm going to wait and butcher these instead!

• 1 month later...

Got My lorry today, One hell of a machine!!!

It even is programmed not to go to full speed rightaway, it accelerates gently, wicked!

Now I'll hope to explain the price with this so it all becomes a bit more clear

There are several hundred thousand frequencies in the world (maybe more)  :D

RC cars usually run on the 27mhz or 40mhz band

RC planes usually ran on 35mhz band

Now in recent months/years 2.4 Ghz has been released (This is what the new siku lorry runs on)

Usually to run two or more models on a bandwidth you needed to have different crystals ( these changed the frequency within the bandwidth so the transmitter and reciever are paired on the same crystal so they can communicate) crystals can be changed so more than two people can operate seperately in close proximity.

Now you still with me???  :D

The old siku RC tractors ran on Infra Red ( same as your standard tv remote)

2.4Ghz is a bandwith nowhere near any other in the rc world so interference is minimal or non existant

Recievers and transmitters are paired together at startup, the transmitter scans the airwaves in the 2.4ghz bandwith and finds a free channel, this is the channel the reciever talks to the transmitter on and vice versa,

when someone else switches on their transmitter does the same but automatically picks up a different channel on the 2.4ghz band

so ultimately you can run an infinate amount of models in close proximity without interference with each other

as this technology is fairly new and only begining to be properly released out onto the open markets the prices are still high

for RC planes a decent reciever costs ?50 - 60 in the Siku lorry you have two . . one in the trailer and one in the unit so there is at least ?100 blown just on those . .then the rest of the running gear on top of that

now the range on the lorry may not be the few miles as on rc aircraft equipment but you get the idea (I hope after typing this!!!) HAHA

I can see however the price falling within the next 6 -12 months

it is just a pity Siku did not put infra red into this transmitter as well so one unit could still control the older rc tractors . . . . DUH SIKU!!!!!!

Ricky

P.S. Probally my longest post ever

Blimey Ricky. . . spending all that dosh on the truck obviously skint and not on the beer. Longest post? Most sober!! Interesting though. The model appeals to me but I can't see how this benefits me at all being as I don't know anyone else near me who could possibly interfere with the frequencies.