restored SAME Centauro 60

pudding

Don't see that many Same's in the Uk. Sussex Tractors had the dealership for them in the mid seventies; as a cheaper option to Roadless and County tractors. I can't remember why we stopped selling them, but I expect either Ford's got the hump about it or Bamlett's were looking for more committed dealers. The models we sold were Saturno's and Drago's if I remember correctly. This would have been around 76-77.

We acquired them through A.C. Bamlett who were from Thirsk in Yorkshire. They were importers of Vaderstadt, Grimme and Reco, amongst others. The name Tive rings a bell too. Can anyone remember any of the other machines they used to import  ;):)

Don't see that many Same's in the Uk. Sussex Tractors had the dealership for them in the early seventies; as a cheaper option to Roadless and County tractors.

We acquired them through A.C. Bamlett who were from Thirsk in Yorkshire. They were importers of Vaderstadt amongst others.  ;):)

my boss has a same silver 95 and a farm down the road has a old one in need of restoation

my boss has a same silver 95 and a farm down the road has a old one in need of restoation

I wouldn't imagine them to be the easiest of tractors to restore as what I've read about them,the tinwork was of poor quality, and parts would most likely have to be sourced outside the UK, assuming they are still available. As with most tractors; the mechanical parts aren't normally a problem. They changed the design of the bonnets several times, and didn't have a common style throughout the range, making things even more difficult.  ;):)

mr david brown

is yours a inline 4 pot, or a v 4

leone, centauro, samecar, had a V4, with a couple variations in injecter pump

the panterised engine was the later ones, inline engines, 4 pots were corsaro, saturno, leopard, etc

minitauro and minitaurus was 3 pot, delfino had a 2 cylinder

this centauro is a 60 i believe, early one, the later ones were 65's

parts for the panterised engines aren't bad to get, cause pistons liners, rings were common between models, it was just the crankshaft and block length that varied!

the V4 engines, like i have, are a bit harder to work on, more like a airplane motor, shimming the bores etc, and i maybe hard to find some one to work on them, but i do have a complete manual for working on centauro/leone motors, cause its the same as whats in my SAMECAR

on those old ones there weren't too many issues, hyd problems was a blocked filter, then clutchs every now and then

i think vapormatic carry parts, for us here in NZ we have the importer to get parts, then we have another guy who imports too...........he is very good, what he can't get from SAME, can source from the SAME dealers in italy

you might have trouble finding name plates for the bonnet, but you can take your time and paint them........as long as you have all the panels i don't see a problem, they will restore ok, 

be honest, these tractors are cheap and simple.........

the later export models had more panels, cabs extra hyd pumps, there are some round with big hours on, if you have a local SAME dealer, do one of them up, parts are available, and you get a cab

the drago always rings bells with farmers, the same tiger 100/105 italian tractor fans will tell you is one of the best 100hp 6pots ever built in italy

i tendered on a hercules160 a while ago, think i was too low, they are a rare breed, big beastie, if you want a big SAME buy one, if you want a reiliable big SAME buy a buffalo 130

post-1303-132638688514_thumb.jpg

the second SAME my father owned was a jag 95, i do remeber it, it brought it around 1982,

the oldest SAME in NZ is suppose to be a leone imported in 1968.......

i guess the importing to the UK had cab restrictions too......or lack of them, what cabs did they use in the UK on SAME other then the factory fitted ones??

ha ha!.........to add to the further SAME confusion

the first tractor is actually a gen 1 centauro 55

ha ha!...........very early one,........i learnt something today

anyone been to the SAME history site, you can spend hours there looking at pics

Sorry I can't get mine out so I scanned the Crilley/Burkholder book (b/w pic) and the box of the plastic CO-MA 1/12th model that Mervyn Spokes gave me last year haveing found it, me having bought the model off him a few years back.

The DUGU is mainly diecast (purchased from the late Mike Karslake's collection) with resin bonnet from memory and possibly pressed steel wheels. I also have one that is almost complete that I will customise one day as it's missing an exhaust, which I could make like my complete one but I rather fancy doing the upswept exhaust type with other extras. I have the FORMA PLAST/YAXON Buffalo,Trident and Galaxy 1.43rds aswell and again a spare or two for customisng! There's plastic 2wd 1/12th that I was tempted to paint better in the 80's (of that era-same style as the Buffalo) as it's quite detailed. Then there's the ROS 1/25th scales.

AS posted before I had a CENTURION 75 4wd on demo but didn't like anything about it other than the good turning circle, least of all the "Hissing Sid" steering driving me nuts all day. I've got some pics of loading a big HAFFENDEN spreader behind it somewhere.... or was it the HILLAM rotating barrel that day... ::):)

That is a beautiful tractor and it is great to see other brands of tractors being restored. I would be scared to restore a tractor over here that wasn't mainstream America. Heck, it is hard to get parts for a lot of tractors that are not part of CNH, Agco or JD over here unless they are active production models. If they are 10 years old you will be lucky to find a dealer for them that knows anything :( I know I would enjoy having that tractor over here as if you take it to a show it will get a lot of peoples attention :)

That is one good thing about NZ you can get alot of parts from pretty much all brands of machine, so realy we arnt limted to  just one mainstreem brand, its realy good, you see a few lanz and the likes, there are even a couple of oilpulls here ;) ,

ooooo

hey rob, i saw a hercules on e-bay USA go for 5000USD once,

was in texas, i know of a mercury down there

i know a lamborghini 955? in kentucky, a few dragos, minitauro etc over there, people email me sometimes

there is a biannual oliver magazine? over there somewhere, and one of the members of that club has a oliver 452? (delfino)

probably my pick is to restore a oliver 1465 or something (hesston 666 would be different)rob, with fiat running gear, i have a friend in ontario and all he does is pedal parts for fiat based tractors to keep olivers, hesstons alive.......read his what to look for guide before buying a old old fiat thou

or a allis chamblers 6080, they have fiat axles/trans

http://www.importtractorparts.net/

he can get sheet metal etc (they still build fiat 640's new in india.......ha ha!......std turboed to 85hp)

toy ones seem even harder to find, looks like nigel ford has that stitched up!

NZ is the place to own SAME tractors, the parts supply is still very good,

There was a Same Buffalo (I think that was the model) up here somewhere a while back. I can't even remember where I saw it. A lot of these the tractors you mentioned are unique and are hard to come by over here (as I am sure you know). If it isn't green or red it gets parked in a fence row :'(