So what do you folks think

Kiwi6920

So here is a MF50b, im tempted, do i or dont i?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. So here is a MF50b, im tempted, do i or dont i?

• Yeah go for it
    • No... not with a 30ft barge poll
    • Do you REALY want to own a MF

So was looking on our kiwi auction site last nite and found this

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=135373638

She looks like something i can use alot and have fun with, ive been hanging out for a ford or Ih with Rm tracgrip backhoe on but i like the look of this,

I have a mate going to look at it for me but i want your guys opions from the pics, since there are a few massey experts on here

Cheers Nick

I'm with Colm on that.. she's too far gone.... what if a bit is missing.... which I bet it is  :-\

From what I re-call... the slewing motor on the backactor arm were a problem... and HUGE bucks to repair/replace..  :-\ - I could be wrong... I wonder why it's been stripped down to that part  :-\

My vote is on leave it SADLY  :'(

I'm with Colm on that.. she's too far gone.... what if a bit is missing.... which I bet it is  :-\

From what I re-call... the slewing motor on the backactor arm were a problem... and HUGE bucks to repair/replace..  :-\ - I could be wrong... I wonder why it's been stripped down to that part  :-\

My vote is on leave it SADLY  :'(

I knew there was a reason why i asked you guys about this, i was half wonderig whay also, just looks like its been done for new pins and bushes, in the last pic, the black pipe going to the front with the rag in it, what would that be for?

Would it be any good as a loader tractor just dont but the hoe back on?

thats a big project nick.........real big project

good luck with that........if you get it cheap, you could wreck it and get what you put into it out of it

its a perkins 236 with a funk gearbox.......

i used to drive one of those, awesome on a tube wraper

i wouldn't pay anymore then 1500bucks for it, ......due to the lack of info, unless you call and talk to them

thats a big project nick.........real big project

good luck with that........if you get it cheap, you could wreck it and get what you put into it out of it

its a perkins 236 with a funk gearbox.......

i used to drive one of those, awesome on a tube wraper

i wouldn't pay anymore then 1500bucks for it, ......due to the lack of info, unless you call and talk to them

Funk Gearbox??

I havent rung him yet, not sure if i will or not after markys post

ya, its just steel........slew motors etc give trouble on every thing that swivels adventually

hydraulic rams, pipes, are all rebuildable

i would like one too, but to me they are just to useless unless they are loading or digging, great for gravel work, stockpiling......

there is a nice JD3130 on trademe too..........

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Business-farming-industry/Farming/Tractors/auction-135979140.htm

the buy now price is about right...........its a straight runner, about 86hp i think, great ole duck, if the money is burning a whole in ya pocket, buy that, porbably add 1000 bucks frieght.............

i not a green man, and hate recomending it......ha ha!.....but those ole tractors are nice, and restore well

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Business-farming-industry/Farming/Tractors/auction-135312951.htm

or that one, the 2030 wasn't a bad machine either, i drove a 2130 for a bit, understand they are a little different

i saw a 2010 yesterday mowing a paddock, just about drove in the ditch when i saw it, they are tidy wee machines too

further up the road i saw a fiat 612.....poor thing looked sad........