britains blue marston trailer rams

fendt-man-matty

Question

well i was wanting to try doing a conversion with this trailer(early twin axle blue marston) but the rams hold the body up at all, any ideas on how to make the rams stronger? maybe spray them ??? because i was wanting to do a conversion like jamie's by shortening the body and chassis and and putting the axle the right way, but theres no point in doing this if i cant get the rams to hold the body up :-\ any ideas people?

many thanks matthew 8)

6 answers to this question

all i did with one of mine like that was remove the metal arms and then hold in a vice with just 5mm of each arm  showing out the top then tapped the ends into a slight mushroom like head, so it was slightly wider than the holes in the plastic rams, one was a little to big so i just filedit down  till i got the resistance i wanted

iy worked on mine, most are usally to tight, ,so when you re join the back of the chassis back up to the rest after shortening, remember to strenghten it up, i used plastic inserts in the chassis, then drilled small holes through from the side, and inserted brass rod as extras all super glued in, you will prob find that the easiest way to get it tipping and sitting right is drill the bottom of the platic ram section out, so when fully down the metal arms just pop out, that way you wont have to move the rams on the metal body, or the holders on the chassis 

i did mine when i was younger so it didnt have much thought in it but all i did was crimp the outer plastic bits with a pair of plieres so it was tight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

used to do that with an old Loadall ;)