ertl case ih barge wagon (tipping trailer)

Deerepower

what do I do with it  

16 members have voted

1. 1. what do I do with it

• rip it apart for a conversion
    • leave it how it is
    • somebody save it from my hands

you should see a real one the door handels fall off keeps bleeping at you  :'( :'( :D :D

Top plop quality those Mfs, rung the dealer up to day to get a demo one, It burnt out on the way here  :D Did do more work for the day then the case tho

Definitely break it up, I got an unboxed one as a present along with the tractor that drives it (large rigid-frame Case IH four-wheel-drive) and have pulled it apart to make something better out of it. I plan to use the same chassis but with the front lopped off and the body lowered to make it more realistic, plus a new set of tipping rams. The trouble with the original tipping mechanism is that the gears inside are too fragile and tend to split and then spin on the hexagonal shafts allowing it to tip up but not down or vice-versa. In short, you did the right thing in chopping it. I like Sean's idea of doing a scratch built chassis for it because the original is not easy to work with.

• 2 weeks later...

well it's been chopped up ;D the sides has been used for another conversion :o the wheels messure 25mm by 11mm if thats a help to you jamie

cheers mate I've just got hold of some siku one's off the flatbed trailer with ramps that are 25mm x 10mm ;)