silage

Murray

Great pics Soilboy still up near... sorry mems surpassed me any ideas on when will start chopping this year?

Do you have set drivers to a tractor?  How does 818 compare to all the deere's? Would you get another?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect chopping will properly get going about 15th May as normal.  The tractors do have set drivers although we do swap and change a sometimes depending on the job.  818 has been a great tractor and by far the best to drive.  We had a deere 7530 last year with autopowr but sold it back in the autumn as it became surplus to requirements and i felt the 818 was a better machine.  However i think its days are numbered as we are moving to a bigger drill this year and there is only myself and another chap who will drive it although it might go on the clamp as we dont have anything else to do that job at the moment. 

Cant see them getting another Fendt as the boss gets on very well with Farol and its the only Fendt amoungst a fleet of 10 or more JD's.

• 4 weeks later...

mt neighbour passed over last night with a tm155 and taarup mower, he was just bringing the mower back to the yard to run through her but when you see stuff like that you know silage isnt too far away. although it may be a bit later this year around here as theres no growing at the moment way too wet.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

jd 6420s kuhn 10ft trailed mower

fendt 714 front back kuhn 10ft mowers

fendt 718 same as 714

mf 398 30ft krone tedder

jd 6420s same as 398

fendt 714 claas 3000 rake

fendt 714 new claas rake a carnt remmeber wt size

398 10ton wooten

fendt 718 12ton wooten

jd 6530 16ton baily