BA VINTAGE WORKING WEEKEND 17 & 18 MAY 2008 Aberdeenshire

BC

Just got my entry forms in yesterday for the annual BA working weekend at Alan Brownies BA Store taking place over the weekend of the 17th and 18th May 2008. I will be taking along my Nuffield DM4 and piggy backing my French Farmall cub with mid mounted mower. I'm planning taking my Ransomes TS42A trailing plough too ( For my ransomes MG2) so I can hitch it to the cub and have a go with a trailing plough. Something I have never done before so heaven knows how I will get on!!

There are 32 acres set aside for working so there should be a large display of working and also static tractors. In addition the Scottish County Club will be there and also the Ferguson Club. On the steam front there is usually a ploughing engine with a plough some with thrashing mills and also a rolling saw bench.

On the Sunday there is also a tractor run which is around 2 miles long.

The BA store is well stocked and upstairs has a wide range of models for sale.

Included with the entry form this year was a list of safety rules and I had a wee chuckle when I read no 9

"All dogs must be kept on a lead at all times - if this is not done a ? 20 penalty will be required towards the charity"

Yes Alan keeps a good stock of models. Tends to be a bit pricer than the mail order dealers but I always buy some from him. Have you seen the store set up at Christmas? Its any kids and even adults dream that set up.