Norscot "CAT (class) US LEXION 590R"

Hello, recently I became aware of the Norscot "CAT (class) US LEXION 590R" modell. As I did not find any topic regarding this modell via the search I would like to ask abouit experiences, quality issues, details and especially pictures of the modell; as I did not find any good/large pictures of it in the Internet. Would like to know if the thing is worth the money! Is the colour quite similar to JCB colour? Any hints appreciated!!!

I ordered it today at www.agrar-toy.de, as they are offering it for the lowest price in Germany as far as I found out. Best competitor for my large-scale 1:32 grain harvest was the Britains John Deere 9880, but although I love Johne Deere and I am not such a Claas fan so far (due to the colour only ;-)), I find the 9880 looks like quite a big bug and is quite an ugly affair in my eyes (sorry to all fellow Deere fans).

What do you think, how would you judge the Norscot Lexion and the Britains John Deere combines comapred to each other regard general appearance, detail, functionality and look of the real ones?

I have one of the JD rotary combines and the Norscott 580 (and Siku 600!). The detail on the Deere is second in my opinion only to it's Precision brother. It may not be everyones cup of tea purely due to it's colour but if it's detail that floats your boat then I believe it's the best general release combine out there. The Norscott 580 on the other hand starts well - very heavy but the header does not raise/lower nor does it steer. It looks great though. I did a write up comparing the 580 to Siku's 600 back in 2005 I think, not sure which Board the topic will be in. Would you like me to do another - Deere v Claas?

I have one of the JD rotary combines and the Norscott 580 (and Siku 600!). The detail on the Deere is second in my opinion only to it's Precision brother. It may not be everyones cup of tea purely due to it's colour but if it's detail that floats your boat then I believe it's the best general release combine out there. The Norscott 580 on the other hand starts well - very heavy but the header does not raise/lower nor does it steer. It looks great though. I did a write up comparing the 580 to Siku's 600 back in 2005 I think, not sure which Board the topic will be in. Would you like me to do another - Deere v Claas?

Hi Tris, thank you for the information, a write up Claas vs Deere would be welcome of course. Well the Lexion is on order now, so the decision has been made  :-\ Maybe I would not have ordered if I knew that the header is fixed (so also no movements of the header auger?). Strange they invested in the detail to open and close the grain tank but fixed the header ...

Only indirecttly connected to this topic, but as my CAT Challenger track tractor arrived today and was thought to operate alongside the CAT Lexion may I ask the question in here:

The first thing when opening the box this evening was: is the colour correct? Or do all other pcitures I saw in the Internet look different than reality. My example looks a lot darker then expected, it is no yellow anymore but rather ocre or a light brown compared to e. g. Johne Deere yellow.

I expected the Challenger and the Lexion to be a little bit darker than e. g. Josking yellow or the dark yellow of the JARDI TOY New Holland combine, but this one looks strange? What do you think according to the pictures?

Help appreciated, in case the colour is wrong I will send this item back to sender ;-)

That looks about right to me but this computor does have a bad screen for showing true colour. Cat/Challenger is a kind of mustard colour rather than an obvious yellow. I will try and do the comparison for you over the weekend.  :)

not that I am complaining I am pleased with both modells and botrh will stay parts of my collection, however, as the CAT Lexion arrived I can see a definite colour difference between the CAT challenger. Is this now a difference of the modell maker or are there really different colours used on various CAT production lines? (maybe as the LEXIONS are not really from CAT they use kind of a CLAAS green turned into yellow by product designers???). Anyway, if the Challenger is mustard or hemp colour the LEX is Curry yellow ;-) What do you think?

no with exception of the LEXIONS opening grain tank all materials are full solid heavy metall, so any explanations lads? What about the CAT experts? Come on, please and solve the riddle ;-)

sorry cant help you there, not into CAT models as much. I do have a mini digger that i think is the more darker orange :-\

regarding varios CAT Challenger tracked tractors on pictures and videos over the weekend, I came to the concludion that those tracked tractors must have been produced with at least two different colours over the time (or related to regions?) - one more CAT-like orange colour fitting exactly to the CAT Lexion colour and and a Challenger-like mustard colour which looks rather pale ...