Farm Sale N. Berwick Mar 08

jdc

Someone at the sale said that he ploughed with his slippers on ;D ;D

I used to do that....*ELVES* and then they *TINKERBELL* said that I needed *OUT TO GET ME* to go away for a *PIRATES* little while...... ;)

There were some things I liked about this sale and other things I disliked. Personally I think the auctioneers conducted this sale on the cheap on the basis they would not be getting any more trade from the deceased

Any opearating manuals were sold with the tractor opposed to being sold separatley

Toplinks etc were sold with the tractors insted of being sold individually out of the shed

No buyers premium

Nice sausages in a bun ... Cumberland perhaps

Meeting JDC & TT

DISLIKES

Lack of toilet facilities

A whole pallet of old magazines and literature was apparantly sold as one lot although I diddn't see what they made.

I used to do that....*ELVES* and then they *TINKERBELL* said that I needed *OUT TO GET ME* to go away for a *PIRATES* little while...... ;)

my grandad used to plough in his slippers with the nh 7840  :) i rememeber one day he got stuck and told me to walk up the farm to get help i said why dont we both go up ? :-\ he said i got slippers and you have got riger boots on  :D i was only about 7-8 years old :D

Just thought I would add some more of my favourite brand in addition to John's photos.

First  No 530 an older restoration a Farmall M which made ? 1,100. Not a concours restoration and again the wrong magneto but would have taken too much to bring it back to pristine condition.

Second No 190 in the sale an unrestored Farmall M which sold for ? 550. Basically a complete tractor but with the wrong magneto. Never the less a relatively easy restoration project.

Any pictures of the combines lads - seem quite cheap - but an awfully dear sale esp the MF's :o :o

I'm afraid I didn't take photos of the combines but John may have. In my view ? for pound i.e. breaking them as spares they were cheap. Having said that they were in too good shape to break but if that is your line of business then who cares. They were running in the morning but I did notice the "cheaper" one was particularly smoky.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks John - they look very nice  ;)

I think the second one is the newer and nicer  ??? ??? - which made more money ???

If you had one of those over here I think I would get ?6500 for it handy ;)

? for lbs I thought these were cheap Nashmash. I would have thought a breaker could have made money on these breaking for spares though personally I thought they were too too good to do that ???