A Winter Farm-Yard Scene......

NewHolland2

Naw. I was just saying that to a local farmer tonight. We don't usually get snow up here until the start of the New Year unfortunately. Could do with the school bus getting stuck or something it's alwasy a good laugh.

There have been Wintry Showers on the hills further North like the Cairngorms I believe.  ;) ;) ;)

Aye, my bus was in a crash when I was in 1st year. Lorry rammed it up the rear-end as we were pulling into a bus-stop. I think the driver of the lorry got done for it too. Thankfully no-one was hurt.

If it ever happens again, I'll take some pics with my phone......? :D :D :D;) ;) ;)

These pics aren't from the farm I'll be working at. This farm is just along the road from me, a handy wee cycle run.? ;) ;). The Bairn 11 will ken it when I say the farmer is J & I Reid.? :) :)

I'll try to get up to the farm I'll be working at for some pics but failing that I'll take plenty when I'm there in the Spring.? :);)

Woa, questions, questions, questions......  :D :D :D

1) I know of them but they were one of the farmers on the list of placements and due to location and type of farm that's the one I    picked......

2) It's a mixed farm, with dairy cows and crops (mainly wheat and tatties)......

3) Not 100% sure but I think they have a Ford 8210 that's usually hitched up to a Knight sprayer. Haven't been that way for a while......

4)Depending on weather, looking after cows, maybe get out for a bit of ploughing seed-bed preparation and hopefully get a shotty in the tractor.  ;D;) ;)

No-one else I know of put in for this post so I am almost guaranteed to get it and my teachers put in a good word for me so I just have a week or two to find out but I am very confident that I've got it......

Just an aside to this but noticed when out near Pitmedden yesterday (10 miles North Aberdeen) there were a couple of August sown OSR fields with plants in the early stage of flowering. :o

That is not good news at all.

The rape around us flowered unusually early last season.... I wish I had made a not of when it was now!

Just an aside to this but noticed when out near Pitmedden yesterday (10 miles North Aberdeen) there were a couple of August sown OSR fields with plants in the early stage of flowering. :o

That is not good news at all.

I was talking with a few farmers last night, there is quite a bit of OSR in flower already around these parts and apparently it can be a good thing as OSR tends to come back as a stronger crop if it is "knocked back", one farmer even rolls his when it has started to grow just to get a better yield and he says it works!