Drilling spring barley

robbo

Been out and about today and came across this set up. Got chatting to the driver and he told me that he had used this tractor to take him and his wife to the church when he had got married last year,  :) :) :) I like his style

Tractors136.jpg

Tractors138.jpg

robbo

Some more

Tractors137.jpg

Tractors141.jpg

He also told me that one of his other tractors is the last ever Ford 7600 ever made, I will try to get some pics of it if anyone is interested

robbo

think i will do the same

it will save getting divorced as then marrage won't happen haha

Now i  want to make it a rule not to post pics of sowing its not fair

Still to wet here to flippin plough!!

What!!!!

There was boys out ploughing here today,    ;) ;) ;)

But....

He was in a New Holland TM,  ;D:D :D :D :D

love the Nordsten seed drill - look much like the old Britains drill. Do they have to carry number plates on the seed drills over in the UK?

Have nothing seen that ever before ever here in Germany !

I don't think so??

Maybe if its blocked by hopper

Needs updating if so

Vehicles are required to display a number plate on the rear of the vehicle so that it can be read from behind. I assume that he has put the number plate on the drill because when it is raised in transport position it obscures the main tractor registration plate. If it didn't obscure the plate then it would not be needed, having said that, it isn't the right number for this tractor though. :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

robbo

Vehicles are required to display a number plate on the rear of the vehicle so that it can be read from behind. I assume that he has put the number plate on the drill because when it is raised in transport position it obscures the main tractor registration plate. If it didn't obscure the plate then it would not be needed, having said that, it isn't the right number for this tractor though. :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

robbo

Doesn't it just need to be a number registered to the farm?

One of the big local spud growers - Mercer, of Mediema Mercer Machinery fame - has the same plate on all his trailers for a tractor which I've never seen working, a 1983 suffix plate from memory. Confused me the first year I saw a dozen trailers with it on, thought it was a seriously quick tractor!!

Doesn't it just need to be a number registered to the farm?

One of the big local spud growers - Mercer, of Mediema Mercer Machinery fame - has the same plate on all his trailers for a tractor which I've never seen working, a 1983 suffix plate from memory. Confused me the first year I saw a dozen trailers with it on, thought it was a seriously quick tractor!!

Yes that correct, always makes me smile when I see a brand spanking new Deere with a registration plate that probably belongs to the old scraper tractor ;) ;) ;) ;)

Anyway, if they let me take photos then they are exempt  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

robbo

Ooh, I have an old Land Rover which I can't be ar5ed to MOT. If I let you take photos can that be exempt too officer?  ;):D

Just drive through Cheshire and I will let you know ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

robbo